I recently bought a used Peavey Classic 30 tube amp off ebay. Everything worked great for about 2 months. Then once I was playing the amp started to smell like something was melting or burning. I turned it off for a day and when I started playing again it only made sounds for a couple of minutes before the amp slowly stopped making any sound altogether.

So the power light is on, everything is connected, but there is no sound at all coming from the amp. Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance guys and gals.
Something bad has happened. Turn it off and take it to a tech. Amps should not smell like they are burning.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
ah this seems like a tech job. the burning could be a anything from tubes to caps, resistors, and transformers. maybe you could take out the board and see if anything is fried?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Something bad has happened. Turn it off and take it to a tech. Amps should not smell like they are burning.

Sometimes it's normal to get a burning smell with tube amps, especially if they are new... The tubes can burn off anything that's on the surface of them causing a burning smell...

But

What the TS has happening is not normal.. I'd look at your tubes to see if any of them are discolored or look like they've burned out.. Also, check the fuse..

But definitely take it to a tech
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded