I need to get something cheapish just now as I'm recording a few demos..

At the moment I'm making bass and drum tracks in Fruity Loops and then exporting them to Audacity where I record my guitar and vocal parts.

So far I've just been putting my guitar straight into my computers soundcard and its sounds not bad but I want a bit better quality. Also I need something with phantom power for recording my vocals.. (I'll be using a Rode Nt-1a). It must be a USB interface as my comp doesnt have Firewire. It will only ever need to record 2 tracks at once at max as it will just be guitar and vox till I get my new laptop and then I'll be splashing out on something fancy

So I've narrowed it down to the Tascam US-144, Edirol UA -25 and the M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Anybody have any experience with any of these?

Cheers
fast track all the way
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
I own a Fast Track Pro and for a USB unit it's fantastic.

It wouldn't hurt to look at newer firewire units though. M-Audio and PreSonus make great interfaces.

You can pick up a firewire card for your PC pretty cheap.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by The Wisemanator
http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/LineOutBox.htm

how much would this cost to make, and is it easy enough? just got a peavey valve king 212 combo and it doesn't have a line out socket.... would this work, so i can plug it straight to my mac to record in logic/garageband?

any help greatly appreciated

ant

Stop posting this in different threads lol. You could just make your own you know.
There is poetry in despair.