Ok I'm not very familier with wood types and feels I like it's more of "hand me a guitar and I'll play it" type deal.
I played my guitar then went to my friends house and played his and it kicked ass!
He said my guitar feels like **** cuz the strings are so tight.
So would lighter strings be recommended? Or does it really matter?
Sorry for my ignorance.
It's all personal preference. If you feel like the action feels like ****, then adjust it. If not, don't listen to your friend.

Lighter strings don't have such a nice tone; the heavier the strings are, generally the better the tone. SRV played on like 13's or 14's I believe, and that was really a great part of his characteristic tone.

What guitar model do you have now? Generally, strings will feel tighter on a Stratocaster-type guitar and looser on an LP. That's the way it is with 10's anyways... :P

EDIT:
Quote by SlashGibsonGNR
Action?
Sorry again for my ignorance.
I taught my self to play guitar sso I don't know ANY terms

Action is the height of your strings above the fretboard. Adjusting it varies by guitar model. Again, what are you playing on?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07
It's all personal preference. If you feel like the action feels like ****, then adjust it. If not, don't listen to your friend.

Lighter strings don't have such a nice tone; the heavier the strings are, generally the better the tone. SRV played on like 13's or 14's I believe, and that was really a great part of his characteristic tone.

What guitar model do you have now? Generally, strings will feel tighter on a Stratocaster-type guitar and looser on an LP. That's the way it is with 10's anyways... :P

EDIT:

Action is the height of your strings above the fretboard. Adjusting it varies by guitar model. Again, what are you playing on?

I play a crappy Silvertone strat.
I want a v or ex model though
Quote by SlashGibsonGNR
I play a crappy Silvertone strat.
I want a v or ex model though

Right... well it doesn't matter what you want... just what you have.

To adjust the action you gotta look at the action first. Gaze at your guitar sideways and eye up (or measure) the distance of the strings from the 12th fret (I'm not quite sure about that...).

Ideally it should be maybe ~2-3mm high.

To adjust the action, go to the bridge saddles and use a small allen key to turn the small allen screws for each of the 6 saddles. Simple as that.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Right... well it doesn't matter what you want... just what you have.

To adjust the action you gotta look at the action first. Gaze at your guitar sideways and eye up (or measure) the distance of the strings from the 12th fret (I'm not quite sure about that...).

Ideally it should be maybe ~2-3mm high.

To adjust the action, go to the bridge saddles and use a small allen key to turn the small allen screws for each of the 6 saddles. Simple as that.

K.
Thank you.