So I'm looking into effects and I decided to get a distortion and wah pedal since that's what I need the most when I play the songs I play.

I heard the Boss DS-1 is good but what about the Boss OS-2?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-OS-2-Overdrive-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-100052551-i1124488.gc

For the wah pedal I'm looking at the Crybaby Slash Wah pedal. Do you think these are good choices?
the slash wah is an op box of poop. What types of music do you play, whats your current equipment, and how much money do you have?
First, what kind of amp do you have? Second, I have a slash wah and can say it's not that great. If you want a crybaby your best bet is a dimebag CFH or a 535q or if your handy with modding get a stock gcb-95 off ebay and mod it to the way you want it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I have a frontman amp but I'm about to buy a valve king.
I play stuff like AC/DC, GNR, Velvet Revolver, Nirvana, Tool, Ramones, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. I kind of want that tone when Slash plays his solos with his wah. Or that clean classic rock sound. I managed to get that sort of tone on a Line 6 amp which was my friend's dad's amp with his SG.

EDIT: I have around $300 for effects.
Last edited by welcom2duhjungl at Jul 14, 2008,
instead of the valveking, get the classic 30 (used)? Miles ahead of the vk, and will do that type of music WONDERFULLY. Also you won't need much of a distortion pedal, with either amp. As for a wah, look at some higher quality crybaby's and some vox's.
A valveking should have any trouble getting those kinds of tones on its own. You would need a fuzz for some page and hendrix tones, but otherwise you shouldn't need a distortion pedal. An overdrive would work a lot better.

Slash doesn't use the slash wah, he uses a rackmount crybaby. The 535q is basically a super scaled down version.

Edit:
Quote by Ghold125
instead of the valveking, get the classic 30 (used)? Miles ahead of the vk, and will do that type of music WONDERFULLY. Also you won't need much of a distortion pedal, with either amp. As for a wah, look at some higher quality crybaby's and some vox's.

This is a great suggestion.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thanks. I've been suggest for the Classic 30 but I kind of was still researching.

Alrighty. Thanks for the help. I'll look into the 535q and I'm also looking at the Vox V847A Wah Pedal.