My HSS stratocaster is close to getting my dream tone but not quite cutting it. I'm considering getting rid of my Tex Mex and DH-1 humbucker (really out of place on a strat in the first place) in favor of a set of these;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-69-Strat-Pickup-Set?sku=301637

But I really have not had any experience with them, other than people saying "They're great!" There have to be some downsides to what I'm doing. Can anyone help me out and tell me what they think about the set? Thanks =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
They're great pickups, but they're expensive.

EDIT: They're $190 now? Used to be $230 or so...
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
They're great pickups, but they're expensive.

EDIT: They're $190 now? Used to be $230 or so...

Yeah, 190$ I have been considering buying whole new guitars recently, but now thats aside, as long as they are under 200 or so, I don't even care, I want my tone. I've been going without it way too long.

EDIT: What do you think about them in comparison to Tex Mex pickups?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I installed those pickups myself in my 62 reissue strat and love them. They can get a little too bright at times, and they are not the greatest for distortion (obviously), but other than that they are great. Turn the gain up for a great 60's rock tone, yet it sounds great clean too. Sometimes I think I get a better SRV tone going through my Super-Sonic than with Texas specials.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.