I have this Randall cabinet and a Randall RX120RH head. The head's distortion is a bit weak and i dont like the sound of it and I was thinking of getting a Marshall MG100HDFX Head. Will having a randall cab and a marshall head be alright? Or are there any problems with combining them?
...the problem is it's and MG (and if your going to ask why, use the search bar)
Don't bother with another ss head. If you want an upgrade you kinda need to check out some tube amps. What type of music do you play?
You're pretty much going from one crap amp to another partner.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
MG's SUCK!! I WOULD KNOW!!!! (look at my sig. )

upgrade to a tube amp. you will not regret it. and do you really need a half stack? since when have you ever used all of that power?
Do NOT look behind you.
hmm, I actually like the gain on the RX series. You could get a distortion pedal, it would be cheaper than buying a Marshall MG, which has way less gain IMO than the Randall does.
Quote by thetoastinator
hmm, I actually like the gain on the RX series. You could get a distortion pedal, it would be cheaper than buying a Marshall MG, which has way less gain IMO than the Randall does.

+1

The MG series is the worst thing Marshall have ever put out If i was you and you were spending that money I would go on eBay and get a JCM900 or 800 both great amps 900=$600-$900 and 800=$900-$1100.

But if you go with the MG UG will laugh at you.

P.S No wonder UG is sad it is one letter from being MG

/sarcasm UG is awesome.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by False_God
aw.. why were you been sarcastic about UG been sad. you were right

it's all marshall's marketing team's fault... they figured out how to scam millions(probably) of newbs to buy the Marshall MG, for the name, and the dieing cat sounds it makes...

It's genious, in it's own sick way
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
MG? people still buy those?
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
Quote by primeguy31
MG? people still buy those?

millions
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
millions

tone-deaf sheep

edit: dany, you only work 45hrs/week? (Napoleon Dynamite)=LUCKY!!
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
Last edited by primeguy31 at Jul 14, 2008,
no problem. it really is a marketing trap.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
While and head and cab will pair up fine, assuming you match ohm loads and power handeling, you probably shouldn't buy a MG100 head for several reasons that have already been listed.