Hey all, I've got a really good start to what I can do with guitars but I'd just like to pick up a book or books that could teach me somethings. Not a Guitar for Dummies book, but something that has something you could take away from it. A long time ago I saw a thread on here and somebody had recommended a book, but I can't remember for the life of me, so that's what inspired this thread. So basically any books that could advance me as a player or helped/inspired you??
i recently started playing guitar and I wanted something to teach how to play but had some lasting value and i also wanted something that could teach some theory. i got these and am very happy with my purchase, #1 and #2 on amazon:

Hal Leonard Guitar Method Complete Edition(Books 1,2,3 and CD's)
&
Fretboard Workbook

Worth looking into, Good luck.
Fretboard workbook

It's good for basics, but I didn't really see what all the great amazon reviews were all about. It's nothing special.

Chord Chemistry is a necessary book, and "the Advancing Guitarist" is also a great one, though you will need to know a lot about theory to understand it

EDIT: Does anybody know if that Rock House thing is any good?
Last edited by zaqwsx170 at Jul 15, 2008,
Thanks for all the replies, "The Advancing Guitarist" is just the book I was thinklng of.
I can read music and understand basic theory, just not some of the more advanced stuff.