Hey all! It's my first post, and I'm excited to find out what I can learn from everyone! I have a question that I hope I can get some help with. I bought a guitar body recently, and it is a laminate construction consisting of pecan and walnut. The body is about
1 3/4 inches thick. I am trying to decide between walnut, mahogany and maple as the cap wood. I don't really need a cap, per se, but I wouldn't mind covering up the laminate idea. I've found that pecan and walnut have a similar tone as mahogany, so I don't know what to do. I'm also contemplating padouk. Are there any amateur or pro luthiers out there that are willing to give me feedback? Sorry about the huge and pointed first post, but I've always struggled with propriety. Thanks in advance,

Telekaster78
Most of the luthiers on this site hang around in the Gear Building and Customizing forum, which can be found here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but some of the people in that forum really know their stuff when it comes to building guitars, so try asking your question there.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Personally I love the look, tone, and feel of Walnut. It's the best kept secret in the lutherie business. I'd go with Walnut personally. And plus you can use the sawdust as an herbicide as it's slightly acidic
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]