Alright, so I tune my low E string perfectly, DONE.

I tune my A string perfectly, but now the bridge is going upward.

So I go back to my E string, which is now tuned down a step, I tune it, and now my A string is down a step.... WHAT THE ****!!!

I am having a painfully frustrating time trying to tune this little bastard, can anyone tell me what to do just to get it tuned? Or atleast to get the bridge from going up and down... PLEASE!
look you tuners dude
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
i have the same ****ing problem i hate it and there is nothing you can do, but once you get it done ur set for a couple of days/ weeks depending on the lock and how much u play
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by vamprocker
look you tuners dude

Oh, duh! Thanks, this whole time all I needed to do was look my tuners.
Tune it in this order:
low E
high E
A
B
G
D

repeat process until all string are perfectly in tune, trust me it works!
Quote by GoDrex
Turn the low E up to F... then by the time you get to the high e the low E will be low again - then fine tune...

I like the way you think. I'm going to try that.
I plays guitars.
Quote by dlmebag
Oh, duh! Thanks, this whole time all I needed to do was look my tuners.

Yeah thats usually the issue just make sure you "look your tuners" next time
Quote by TrasherFromHell
Tune it in this order:
low E
high E
A
B
G
D

repeat process until all string are perfectly in tune, trust me it works!

Thanks, Ill give it a try... God I hate trems...
OK, NEW PROBLEM.

Its tuned perfectly, but the bridge is pointing down, so when I got down with the whammy, its only got a little bit until its at the lowest point.

HOW DO I GET it to be ****ing normal? I hate this thing. I just want the bridge to be straight, and level.
you have to adjust the springs claw.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
you have to adjust the springs claw.

Ok, please explain how to do this...
theres something you have to screw with on the bridge thingy where the tremolo arm connects. [sorry. i lack terminology]. like... little screws or something. u should be able to do it with your fingers tho. u shouldnt need a screwdriver or anything.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Quote by Lolopop
theres something you have to screw with on the bridge thingy where the tremolo arm connects. [sorry. i lack terminology]. like... little screws or something. u should be able to do it with your fingers tho. u shouldnt need a screwdriver or anything.

Are you talking about the fine tuners? Because I dont think that will help.

If not, are the screws on the front, or back of the guitar (behind a little plastic cover you need to screw off)
I take it you completely ignored the Sticky Thread in this forum on how to tune and set up the Floyd Rose properly?!
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Well, the springs in the back of the guitar are already tightened as much as they can go... Now what? I need to tighten them to get it back to the proper position, but its not possible.
Quote by Colgate Total
Your strings are too thick, you either need to tune lower, or get smaller strings.

My strings are 9-50, is that too big?
Quote by dlmebag
My strings are 9-50, is that too big?

No, I use 11-52s and I have no problems.

Your trem really shouldn't be doing that. Can you take any pics of it so we can see how it looks?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
String gauge is a little thick for E standard, mine are 9-42. For the spring in the back use a screw driver to tighten or loosen them so the bridge is in it's right spot, then tune and fine tune anything to get back to normal.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by Colgate Total
No, I use 11-52s and I have no problems.

Your trem really shouldn't be doing that. Can you take any pics of it so we can see how it looks?

Please help.
Quote by dlmebag
Alright, so I tune my low E string perfectly, DONE.

I tune my A string perfectly, but now the bridge is going upward.

So I go back to my E string, which is now tuned down a step, I tune it, and now my A string is down a step.... WHAT THE ****!!!

I am having a painfully frustrating time trying to tune this little bastard, can anyone tell me what to do just to get it tuned? Or atleast to get the bridge from going up and down... PLEASE!

You don't have a problem at all, your bridge is behaving perfectly normally. I'm puzzled as to how it got in that position in the first place though, if your guitar was already in standard with gauge 9's then the spring tension should already have been correct.

Floyd's float- that means they rely on the balance between spring tension and string tension to hold the bridge in place. However, that means if you adjust the tension in any way, like tuning a string, it will affect all the other strings...if you increase tension by tuning up all the other strings will go flat, if you decreases it my tuning down all the other strings will go sharp.

That means you have to keep re-tuning over and over again until it all settles down. Start with the low E because that's the heaviest string and therefore affects things the most. Also, if you've just changed strings you'll have to give them a good stretching before they'll hold tune.

Also, read the Floyd sticky, it should help a bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com