Hey guys, my friend has an old strat, it's made in japan, the serial number is E535629. It would be lots of help if you could get me maybe a price that it could sell for also. Thanks & Godbless.

Edit; Josh Hamilton is amazing (Home Run Derby)

---

this is in the electric guitar forum too;

1. Some dude said it's worth $700, what..?!

2. GG&A is my favorite forum..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
pics? and is it a real Strat? Fender Stratocaster? or a copy?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
A Fender Stratocaster, MIJ
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

PICS!

i have never ever ever ever ever saw a Fender Strat that looks like that. but anyway, look around Fender.com and see if there is a serial number checker.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Can't find the serial.

well...this is not the whole story as that Strat does look a little funky but according to guitardaterproject.org you have this: (do more research tho and i have no ideal on $$)

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1984 - 1987

Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation
Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation was opened in may 1960, they initially started manufacturing violins and quickly switched to classical guitar production. In 1962 electric guitar construction was started. Fujigen has a reputation for excellent quality and craftsmanship so the guitars they produce are highly regarded. They produce guitars via OEM for famous brands such as Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha and Fender (the import Special Interest Group nature model), G&L and others.
google?
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Whys it look funky?

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I thought you just gave us the S#

E535629

or am i confused?

Yeah I can't find any info on it

Quote by tr3nt
Whys it look funky?

it has a weird looking bridge and tone knob. the bridge looks legit though becasue of the 'fender' logo inscribed in it
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Maybe the tone knob isn't stock ;\

Quote by tr3nt
Maybe the tone knob isn't stock ;\

somebody has a degree in aerospace engineering
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
theres no way to tell unless you can find a pic of the same guitar
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by danyellenik
somebody has a degree in aerospace engineering

Sir, I do. Get smart with me, I'll e-steal your gear.

some people swear by the MIJ fenders, people even say they are BETTER if not at par with the american's of that time, I'd keep it, it's a sick looking guitar, how's it play?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Well, it's aight.. I haven't played it much cause it shorts out alot, I suspected probably input soder problem or something so i brought it in, the tech wasn't in in this shop so I was forced to bring it to GC.. where they are always high on something, they said it's just dirty and the innards need to be cleaned, dunno about that.

Quote by tr3nt
Well, it's aight.. I haven't played it much cause it shorts out alot, I suspected probably input soder problem or something so i brought it in, the tech wasn't in in this shop so I was forced to bring it to GC.. where they are always high on something, they said it's just dirty and the innards need to be cleaned, dunno about that.

do it yourself, its not hard to take it apart and check the connections/clean up
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Yeah yeah..

I remember these, but damned if I know what they were called. $700 is a fair shot at a price, most well-kept 80's Fender guitars (Japanese or American) will fetch figures in that range.
^

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well...this is not the whole story as that Strat does look a little funky but according to guitardaterproject.org you have this: (do more research tho and i have no ideal on $$)

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1984 - 1987

Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation
Fuji String Instrument Production Corporation was opened in may 1960, they initially started manufacturing violins and quickly switched to classical guitar production. In 1962 electric guitar construction was started. Fujigen has a reputation for excellent quality and craftsmanship so the guitars they produce are highly regarded. They produce guitars via OEM for famous brands such as Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha and Fender (the import Special Interest Group nature model), G&L and others.