Once i get a new guitar (Probably a schecter C-1, I'm going to try to do a few mods on my current squier strat. How difficult would it be to change a tone pot to a volume pot. If possible and how long would it take?
Keeping it real since '92
it would not be hard at all....
it could take about 5 minutes.........aside from changing the strings
as long as you can use a socket wrench and solider....you will be fine
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
well i retract that.......you want two volume pots and no tone pot?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
well i retract that.......you want two volume pots and no tone pot?

The guitar has 1 vol/ 2 tone. I want to change one of the tone to a volume so I could have that kill switch effect.
it is possible......
but you would have to find yourself a wiring diagram for that set up...
but essentially if you can solider.......you can do it
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
it is possible......
but you would have to find yourself a wiring diagram for that set up...
but essentially if you can solider.......you can do it

Ok, thanks
i just modded my squire strat, u dont need two vol pots for a killswitch. i just took out the middle tone, filed the pickgaurd, screwed in the switch, and soldered two wires from the switch to the vol pot. solder it to the prong where the audio jack is soldered to, and the ground prong. dont solder to the prong where its connected to your 5 way. i left the capacitor that connected the two tones. after the mod my guitar doesnt get feedback from my amp any more. dont take my word but im just assuming adding another vol pot would require u to rewire everything.

Last edited by AudioRage8 5 6 at Jul 15, 2008,