I need some advice. I bought a 16 gig Ipod Touch off Ebay - used - and it won't arrive before I need it when I go on a long trip for a week, which is coming up soon.

I was thinking I'd buy a 16 gig Ipod Touch from Best Buy soon, and keep that, use it for vacation, jailbreaking, and whatnot.

But then as an extra bonus, when I get my used Ipod from Ebay, I'd try to return that one to Best Buy and keep the new one for myself.

Does anyone know for a fact if Best Buy checks for matching serial numbers on item returns, or anything else like that which could stop me from accomplishing my evil scheme?
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
If it's a used iPod, I think they could tell by the scratches, and the facts it WORKS that you're scamming them.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I know for a fact that best buy doesn't take anything back that's open. Maybe they'll give you a new one if you have a receipt and claim your ipod is defective.

I use to work there back in the day, so I know!
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
I returned an object to Best Buy four months after I bought it even though they only have a one month return policy.

I came up with some stupid lie and that was it...I didn't have to pay any extra fee's or anything.
that just sounds stupid
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
why dont you just take the new iPod you bought at best buy on vacation and just be very careful with it and then return it to best buy when your done then take the used and keep it when it comes in the mail
oh cool avatar!!

i doubt your plan will work haha
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by ranirhetoric
haha, my friend did that with an xbox 360. at wal-mart. his old one was broken, so he bought a new one, exchanged the serial numbers & took it back.

HEY, you're a genius. I bet Wal-Mart will care a lot less about this kind of thing, and probably won't even check serials and stuff. Hmm...
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Quote by ranirhetoric
haha, my friend did that with an xbox 360. at wal-mart. his old one was broken, so he bought a new one, exchanged the serial numbers & took it back.

nice.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]

Originally Posted by ranirhetoric

The red ring of
but COD4 is worth it
Quote by Hugsy
HEY, you're a genius. I bet Wal-Mart will care a lot less about this kind of thing, and probably won't even check serials and stuff. Hmm...

Walmart takes anything back, especially if you have friends that work there.
you bring shame to Brand New.

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
They will give you your money at first, but if you have ever returned anything you know that they get your address and will track you down later.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
I had a problem somewhat similar to this with an MP3 player. I was having a rough day, and I ended up getting pissed off and ripping my headphones apart that came with my MP3 player. Turned out that my MP3 was a total dud and stopped working after 3 months. I used another pair of headphones when I returned it and colored the portion black that had the name of the other company. Thank god I got my refund.