i have this POS fender rip off, p-bass i bought from a pawn shop. i was tight on cash, and tried to work with what i had.

i removed the pickguard, and suddenly a wire came loose from the pickup to the output. after putting the pickguard back on, my bass no longer plays on my amp.

i don't know how to repair it exactly, will i need a new pickup entirely, or can i go about fixing it myself.

i'm sorry, i wish i could explain myself better. thanks for any help.
If you can get a picture up there's a better chance somebody can help. Did the wire come off the pot or the pickup itself?
Quote by IndianRockStar
Chances are it i'll be something like some solder came loose and you'll have to redo it. It probably won't be THAT big a hassle.

No, but it will cost him if he doesnt know how to do it himself.... might not be worth it.

My advice: get new one.
You stole my Overture
Last edited by BulletFrost at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by IndianRockStar
Chances are it i'll be something like some solder came loose and you'll have to redo it. It probably won't be THAT big a hassle.

Yeah, it'll most likely take less than 10 minutes to fix with a soldering iron. I've had to do the same thing a few times with guitars.

If it came off the pup itself, it might be a bit harder to fit, but still shouldn't be a big deal.
I think i had the same problem with my fender, i dont know exactly what wire came loose in it but i just took it to my bass teacher and he fixed it for me. Im sure if u just take it to a store they'll do it
Quote by BulletFrost
No, but it will cost him if he doesnt know how to do it himself.... might not be worth it.

My advice: get new one.

yeah im just gonna look for another one. i'll probably find a squire in a pawn shop for pretty cheap.
Like a new Squire altogether? What're you going to do with the old one.
soldering iron + solder... £20.

New bass- more than £20.

It isn't hard to resolder something. And a little tip- never remove a P-Bass pickguard without removing knobs and the such. It isn't like a J-bass where you can whip off the old pick guard and leave the control plate intact. That's probably why the wire is no longer attached- because you effectively ripped it off.