i'd stretch to a RR3 but i won't be getting any more money in til christmas now
so its a long wait for a new guitar

also help with choosing a decent amp head
something that's under £150
ok for metal
looking at a Spider III 75w
then i can get a decent cab for it at christmas
any suggestions
i play stuff from blink 182 to children of bodom so i want some range,mainly metal if i were to compromise
some digital effects preferably,delay and reverb mainly
like roland,but i'm not sure if they do a nice amp head for my budget
Last edited by Lucifer1805 at Jul 15, 2008,
id look at warmoth.com for the guitar stuff, for the amps, my bet would e for ebay
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
or just get on of the boss ME series pedals, 200 to 300 USD, and well worth it, it will play clapton to Exodus with the turn of a knob
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
id look at warmoth.com for the guitar stuff, for the amps, my bet would e for ebay

A custom guitar wouldn't be a good idea, after the body(at least 200), the neck(at least 180), the pick ups he wants, the bridge he wants(which would probably be a floyd which will require like 70 more for the route in the body and another 15 for the neck route) he's not going to have much left for actually putting a finish on the guitar and the neck. All the prices are USD btw.

I have no preference of one of those over the other. I like Jackson more though. I'm no help
Quote by cukd7x-a2-

problem with warmoth for me is its all in USD so with additional tax and VAT as well as shipping then i'd have to get all the electronics,pickups,tremelo and putting it all together
plus i'm already in one guitar building project at the moment so i'm trying to get my hands on a guitar within a few days of ordering

(just repeated what the other guy said it would seem,i should check posts more often)
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
or just get on of the boss ME series pedals, 200 to 300 USD, and well worth it, it will play clapton to Exodus with the turn of a knob

are they really worth it
i've been playing two years and i'm ashamed of my lil 10 watt squier amp
regardless of whats going into it
i need some dignity of what i'm playing now that i've got some pride in what i can play
Quote by Colgate Total
Save for the RR3, the guitar's you're looking at suck.

am I right in thinking the RR3 comes with genuine seymour duncan JB/jazz combo?
or are they cheap produce to try and mimic the tone
Quote by Lucifer1805
are they really worth it
i've been playing two years and i'm ashamed of my lil 10 watt squier amp
regardless of whats going into it
i need some dignity of what i'm playing now that i've got some pride in what i can play

The distortion on the ME50 is a joke, it's so bad.

EDIT: The RR3 does have genuine Seymour Duncans.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
The distortion on the ME50 is a joke, it's so bad.

EDIT: The RR3 does have genuine Seymour Duncans.

thanks

looks like i might stretch my budget using my amp funding then wait til i get some cash for a decent amp
good morning job hunting it would seem

PS:thinking about getting the black RR3 then putting alexi laiho style pinstripes on
would i be able to do this with some well placed masking tape and some low opacity graffiti paint?

looking at a Spider III 75w

BEWARE THE SPIDER BEWARE OF CHEAP HALFSTACKS

cheap halfstacks are usually crap your better off getting a decent tube combo
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Lucifer1805
thanks

looks like i might stretch my budget using my amp funding then wait til i get some cash for a decent amp
good morning job hunting it would seem

PS:thinking about getting the black RR3 then putting alexi laiho style pinstripes on
would i be able to do this with some well placed masking tape and some low opacity graffiti paint?

How much is the Alexi-600 where you live?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
How much is the Alexi-600 where you live?

lol
its about a crushing £960
i'll be waiting a while til i can afford one of those things
if anyone feels like being a god and getting me one free of charge i'd be eternally grateful
anyone recommend a decent tube amp
it seems everyone hates line 6 spider III's
and the marshall MG series
and the rolands don't really appeal to me
Under £150 for a decent tube amp that plays metal? You won't find one. Even if you grabbed something like a Valve Junior and boosted it with a pedal, it still wouldn't be metal. I reccommend you grab yourself one of the Vox ADxxVT-XL series amps. A high-gain version of the normal ADxxVT series. You can get some great tone out of those amps.

On GAK it is £99 for a Vox AD15VT-XL. The RR3 is £385 on GAK. So, just add £30 off the fund for the amp onto your guitar fund, and you can grab an RR3. Then with £5 spare maybe get a new sets of strings?
Quote by AdamDK
Under £150 for a decent tube amp that plays metal? You won't find one. Even if you grabbed something like a Valve Junior and boosted it with a pedal, it still wouldn't be metal. I reccommend you grab yourself one of the Vox ADxxVT-XL series amps. A high-gain version of the normal ADxxVT series. You can get some great tone out of those amps.

On GAK it is £99 for a Vox AD15VT-XL. The RR3 is £385 on GAK. So, just add £30 off the fund for the amp onto your guitar fund, and you can grab an RR3. Then with £5 spare maybe get a new sets of strings?

i've been considering a vox for a while
wasn't sure on the models though
so thanks for the help mate
i've spent the past month on gak browsing pretty much everything from epiphone les paul studios to fender telecasters
just checking out my options

EDIT:found the 100w head version for £169...i might save up for that so then its future giggable with a cab when i get a band together
Quote by Lucifer1805
i've been considering a vox for a while
wasn't sure on the models though
so thanks for the help mate
i've spent the past month on gak browsing pretty much everything from epiphone les paul studios to fender telecasters
just checking out my options

EDIT:found the 100w head version for £169...i might save up for that so then its future giggable with a cab when i get a band together

For £169 you could get the 50 watt combo I believe, which would be suitable enough for school gigs, etc.