i am going to buy a new guitar and have narrowed the brands down to ESP Gus G. sig and Jackson RR1 but don't know which is better. There are many reviews on the RR1 one but none on the Gus G. can anyone help?
id say the gus g, if you don't mind 2 less frets. otherwise, its a better guitar. its small though, gus g is just a small guy.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
omg... no questions asked.. get the RR1 if you can afford it...its absolutely mind blowing the tone is the best the neck rips like a bitch and it is the most beautiful thing ever. o and durable as hell. no offence to ESP but they have nothing on good quality jacksons
Well did you tried them??

Cause the the pickups arnt the same...

Gus G has SD Distortion (B) 59 (N)
RR1 Has JB (B) Jazz (N)

The shape isnt the same.. the fingerboard too. Gus G is Set-tru (set-neck without the heel) and RR1 is neck-thru.

GusG has Sperzel tuner and RR1 dont. So its your choice... Both guitars are diffrent.
i would say esp..but not the gus g. i would get a higher end M model or an horizon. jacksons havent been decent since the 80s
nah dude thats the thing no shops where i live sell top of the line jacksons and ESP's they have to order them in ha.
i use both esp and jackson but prefer esp

all i have to say is GET THE RR1

amazing guitar, great tone and very comfortable

the gus g....... just dont
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
I would say the Jackson. I own one and I've played a few ESP's and LTD's that didn't live up to my expectations.
I also play esp's (actually ltd) and jackson's. I own the rr1 and it is the best guitar I have ever played. The neck is fantastic and the floyd is perfect. I've played les pauls, the ltd alexi model (to compare the v's), and explorer and strat style esp's. If you want an esp to compare it to, then choose a standard series horizon, MH, or eclipse.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by SOUPerman432321

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dude, get something that you can accually hold, this is rediculous, i would never sacrifice comfort and playability for looks, but these don't even look cool.

...Jackson RR's are actually very comfortable to play standing up. Sitting takes about 2 minutes to get used to as well.
yeah dude i have a custom made explorer so i know what i have to deal with ha.
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
...Jackson RR's are actually very comfortable to play standing up. Sitting takes about 2 minutes to get used to as well.

ive play them dude, i dont like it, but thats just me i guess. i dont like radical body shapes.......if you havent noticed.
SHREDRICK!
Classical position is the best way to practice, and it's really comfortable if you're gonna be praticing for a couple of hours.

TS, why not have a luthier build you your own custom guitar to your specs? That way you could have EVERYTHING you want in a new guitar.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
id say the rr1 sigs are overpriced for what they are.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
IF you like star shaped guitars you can also wait for roope latvala's signature esp. Its star shaped

I think that the pickup is a passive emg. I like jacksons more even thoug i havent played either esp nor jacksons.
Quote by Firewind Raging
Classical position is the best way to practice, and it's really comfortable if you're gonna be praticing for a couple of hours.

TS, why not have a luthier build you your own custom guitar to your specs? That way you could have EVERYTHING you want in a new guitar.

i've already got a custom guitar but its got a stop tail bridge. so i need one with a floyd rose!
Quote by Maiden6666
i've already got a custom guitar but its got a stop tail bridge. so i need one with a floyd rose!

definately get the RR1, its a much better guitar plus looks better imo
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
honestlly in my opinion most esp's blow alotta jacksons out of the water but in this case of these two guitars the RR1 kicks that esp's ass so id definetlly go with the jackson in this case
Gear: Peavey 5150 Head
Peavey 5150 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standerd
Gibson Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshal JCM 800 1960 A Lead Cab

Quote by dcdossett65
I dont think i'd ever buy a gibson, the epiphones dont feel any different to me, besides the sound.
Ive never played either but i like firewind and gus g is sick so my money is on the ESP
jackson hands down. no esp could ever come close to a pro series jackson let alone a usa made jackson
Quote by Chaosinborn
the rr1 hands down

pm to u....and yes rr1 without a doubt
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Play both. People have there own opinion on each guitar. Just go by how they feel TO YOU.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
id say the gus g, if you don't mind 2 less frets. otherwise, its a better guitar. its small though, gus g is just a small guy.

Whoa first time i;ve seen someone reccomend a signature before...
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
+1 for the jackson, comparing the 2 guitars i have the jackson is heavier but has more sustain even though its alder and the other is mahagony and the esp feels so fragile where has i had to drop my jackson from pretty high/hit it with a hammer to get chips (i was purposefully making it have a really old worn look) and no other guitar cept for some ibanezs have compared to the thinness of the jacksons neck but i find it to be a little rounder and more comfortable then the ibanez's the only problem i had was with the licensed floyd being crap but im sure an american made sig would have an original on it
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I would have thought the LTD Ninja Michael Amott model would have been one of the better comparisons to the RR1? Very similar specs, much better looking that the Gus G model.

But a few of the others are right,, it's up to you and what you like in how the guitar sounds and feels like.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
my RR1 makes me want to sell every other guitar i own
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15