this prob. seems like a stupid question but when i have my b52 at212 in solid state are the tunes no longer in use or what because when it is in ss mode i still see the tubes glowing?
I dunno if this is right or not but I would guess that they are just in stand by. I thought the SS mode was just for the rectifier.
Unless you turn the amp completely off, the tubes are still going to be active or in standby...
Just like how you let your tubes warm up in standby, it wouldn't make much sense to let them get cold while your amp is in SS mode...

And it doesn't make sense the SS mode is just for the rectifier, as the rectifier is tube as well...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
Unless you turn the amp completely off, the tubes are still going to be active or in standby...
Just like how you let your tubes warm up in standby, it wouldn't make much sense to let them get cold while your amp is in SS mode...

And it doesn't make sense the SS mode is just for the rectifier, as the rectifier is tube as well...

Yea but I think the AT has a SS and tube option for the rectifier. So if that's true than the rectifier tube would be in stand by...or I'm just retarded