Can a 25w amp get louder than a standard 5 piece drumkit?
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Solid State: Barely
Tube: Yes.

P.S. On a sidenote, by then, please consider a earplug.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
Solid State: Barely
Tube: Yes.

P.S. On a sidenote, by then, please consider a earplug.

yeah. i'm annoyed because i cant get my license for another month and my parents won't take my valveking to band practice
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

My Marshall MG15DFX practice amp gets louder than my drummer's kit and I don't even have to crank the volume completely up...
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by mister389
My Marshall MG15DFX practice amp gets louder than my drummer's kit and I don't even have to crank the volume completely up...

yeah but by louder i think he means can be heard clearly.
Quote by Ravenwoods
yeah but by louder i think he means can be heard clearly.

It's pretty damn clear
Quote by mister389
It's pretty damn clear

haha if you ever played a tube amp then you would know what i am talking about >.>
Quote by Ravenwoods
haha if you ever played a tube amp then you would know what i am talking about >.>

Well yeah, I was just saying...a solid state 15 watt can do it.
Quote by mister389
Well yeah, I was just saying...a solid state 15 watt can do it.

haha ok man :P
Depends how loud the drummer plays.

My 30W Vox isn't loud enough to get over any drummers I jam with, even with the volume dimed
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if its a valveking stack, have them take it just once and keep the stack at the practice house. thats what i do. you won't have to haul it again unless you guys broke up.
My 100 watt solid state can barely get louder than the drummer I jam with.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by MorgMetal_666

Theres something wrong with that.
Depends on the size of the room, if your in a fairly large hall you can easily be heard over the drums with about 15 watts. In a small room your gonna need 30 watts and above
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by mister389
Do you tape it to your face?
These go to eleven...
Quote by MorgMetal_666

You should get it fixed then, given that my 40w Tube is louder than my drummer before my master gets to 3

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Last edited by apollo66 at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar

It seems surprising, but I was audible over a drummer in a practice situation with my old Cube 15. The tone turned to ****, but it was actually quite audible. I kept my mids around 8 or 9, so I think that helped quite a bit.
Just remember that while wattage is usually a good pointer to the volume level of an amp, it doesn't actually tell how loud an amp is.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I usually practice with a Peavey Classic 20 which is a 15 watt all tube amp. I don't have to crank it much to get over the drummer and we practice in a large church auditorium.

My Classic 20 blew a couple caps and resistors a couple weeks ago so it's been at Peavey repair, and I just got it back yesterday. For the last couple weeks I've been taking a cheap Behringer 15 watt solid state amp to practice, so I don't have to unhook all the other gear for the big amp. I have to put it on about 7 to get over the drummer but it can do it and it's not a powerful amp at all.

The point is even a practice amp can get over a drummer if you are just using it as a personal monitor. I put it on a chair and tilt it back and face it towards me while playing. If you are trying to project to listeners during practice and have everything sound like a performance then yes, you will need a lot more power than if just using an amp as a personal monitor at practice.
You guys are all nuts, I had a MG30DFX 30 watt solid state and with everything all the way up I couldn't hear myself even if the drummer just sat down on the stool.
Quote by tubetime86
You guys are all nuts, I had a MG30DFX 30 watt solid state and with everything all the way up I couldn't hear myself even if the drummer just sat down on the stool.

Then there's something wrong with your amp or your drummer is the loudest ever.
Well I sold the amp and got a half stack for that reason, but nothing was wrong with it. And no kidding, pretty much regardless of what the drummer did, if he was using more than 2 pieces of his set at a time I couldn't hear myself. Now understand I mean I couldn't play with him. Of course I could hear some sound from the amp, but I couldn't hear what I was playing clearly.
15 watts tube minimum
40 watts SS minimum.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
15 watts tube minimum
40 watts SS minimum.

this. Although it really does depend on the drummer. some drummers drown out 100 watt tube amps. I've been in a room with a drummer like that and a guy with a 100 watt marshall full-stack (tube). it actually hurt...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp