Hiya,
Well when recording a little while back i noticed (it was hard to miss) a sort of popping and 'ch'ing on the track i was recording, now i thought it was my cables (cheapies) but to test that theory i went and bought a planet waves XLR, and its doing the same thing, can i take them any where for repair or what can i do? should i just buy another couple (dont really want to haha)

iv got the MXL 990/991 combo.

P.S i realise there is another thread on those mics, but this is different =)

EDIT: just noticed another thread mentioning dell laptops, i too am using Dell.
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
Both of the mics are doing exactly the same thing? that being the case its highly unlikely that its the mics that are causing the problem. You haven't been exposing both of the mics to extreme amounts of noise recently have you? think back to the last time you recording with them, what exactly were you recording? Again I'd be shocked if both the mics failed at exactly the same time.

How are you going into the computer?
its a USB interface, A Tascam US-122L, and no i wouldnt say massive amounts of noise, i mean they;re not peaking, or even close to it when i recorded., but i havnt blasted anything at all into them ever i dont think, should i just try it with another computer maybe?
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
are you sure you're not just clipping the interface with too much gain?

maybe try turning your levels down.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It definatly wouldn't hurt to try it through a different computer. I'm assuming you're getting the same problem through both of the mic inputs on the interface?
I would try turning the gain down on the interface and up on the computer. I have a 990 that would clip at weird times, even though the interface lights wouldn't show it.