to buy or not to buy? what are the Pros and Cons of this guitar? im looking at a Blue one. it's 838$$ CA. is that a rip off? Im also going to take out the pickups and swap em for some DiMarzios
I'm guessing your talking about the RGT42DXFM model?
If so then I like the look of them. I've been tempted myself
But it might need the pickups swapping out perhaps. But I'm sure they will do the job.
The price doesn't seem too bad either.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Quote by Stratocaster88
to buy or not to buy? what are the Pros and Cons of this guitar? im looking at a Blue one. it's 838$$ CA. is that a rip off? Im also going to take out the pickups and swap em for some DiMarzios

Well, the pro's would be that you get a lot of guitar for your money; in terms of quality the RGT's are amazing.

Swapping out the pickups is an option, but I would wait with that untill you've tried them for a while (you might actually like them) and you have a good, responsive amp.

The main con with this guitar is the Edge III bridge; be prepared to swap it out for an OFR (not too hard) or to block it (a more budget friendly sollution). Keep in mind though that while the Edge III (and pretty much all other cheap LFR units) will wear out a lot quicker than a quality trem, it won't die straight away as certain UG'ers tend to believe. This will give you enough time to save up for a replacement.

All in all, if you are willing to replace/block the Edge III this is a great deal.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!