Ive been looking for a new amp for a while now. Here I was recommended amongst other things, a VK112 and shrugged it off as a Marshall inferior.

But after about 50 hours of looking through amp reviews (and prices) It seems most amps are out of my range. Second hand or not.

Ok well I have on ebay now a valveking 112 for 400- 450, used.

It looks like it in ok condition. Although I have read alot of reviews saying that it has a nice clean channel but it sucks on the lead/dirty channel. And doesnt get the sound that a tube amp should.

I play metal/rock so thats not going to be that good. Can someone here confirm this or tell me its wrong?
do you have access to youtube.com?

also check out these UG'rs demo's in profile. I'm pretty sure neither would mind.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sg622/

And why is your font diff? Did you copy that from somewhere else? just asking?

I will tell you that the Clean channel is OK but not Classic 30 or Fender clean.
I will tell you that the Lead channel is OK but not Marshall or Mesa or Peavey high gain.

Does that make sense? It is a low budget all around decent amp for the price. Especially the one you found down under at that price assuming it is in good condition. The amp takes time to tweak and time to break in. Not sure if it is more than others or not, but my hunch is that it is. I can get tube break up on Lead channel at volume 4 gain 4 so it doesn't take long.

There have seen many recommendations on Speaker swaps and Tube swaps and I will prolly get around to those at some point. Generally, it is an easy amp to mod. However,

I think the single most important upgrade to this amp is an Overdrive Pedal. Possibly an EQ too as an alternative or both.

Sorry for long post but it is late and i am half asleep to so...c ya!

Also, check with IbanezPsycho or Bartdevil_Metal on this amp if you need more. Bartdevil I believe resides in Australia.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 15, 2008,
they have some diode **** on the gain channel so when you engage the channel selector to the drive channel, you get lots of gain at low volumes, however this gets a F U C Kload nicer when you crank it to about 4-6, i never put mine any louder..

the clean channel is nice.
Quote by scooby snacks
they have some diode **** on the gain channel so when you engage the channel selector to the drive channel, you get lots of gain at low volumes, however this gets a F U C Kload nicer when you crank it to about 4-6, i never put mine any louder..

Are you sure about the diodes? It could still use only tubes and just sound bad, you know.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Are you sure about the diodes? It could still use only tubes and just sound bad, you know.

i remember, someone, i think it was ibanezphsyco, i maybe wrong, saying that he read the schematic, and thats what it said..not too sure though, just putting it out there. sorry to annoy anyone with half cocked information...