Me and my mate both play guitar but a lot of the bands we both like have only one guitar eg blink 182. is there anyway if we can make a one guitar song and play it with two guitars? i dont wanna be playing the same thing so dont suggest that
thanx
Quote by yankovicfan3125
i guess i found out why people hate it, because they dont know how to use it and because they've never seen the 6 channels. now whenever i see someone insult spiders, im thinking to myself "stupid n00b..." it's really a great amp.
um.... i dont know what to say. write two guitar parts that are.... different?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Iron Maiden
Thin Lizzy
Lynrd Skynrd
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
Quote by staticoverdub
um.... i dont know what to say. write two guitar parts that are.... different?

wow thats some dam good advice
hmm write a song by blink 182. you know, i think this has really enlightened me and i can go tell my friend to start writing all the small things...
Quote by yankovicfan3125
i guess i found out why people hate it, because they dont know how to use it and because they've never seen the 6 channels. now whenever i see someone insult spiders, im thinking to myself "stupid n00b..." it's really a great amp.
Quote by nacho_man_182
hmm write a song by blink 182. you know, i think this has really enlightened me and i can go tell my friend to start writing all the small things...

Is blink 182 all you want to do. and that would be copy writing. lol.

And what about, Avenged Sevenfold.
its not that hard of a question
is there anyway that i can find a song with one guitar and make it possible for two guitars to play without them playing the same bit
Quote by yankovicfan3125
... yes

write a new guitar part that fits the song.
or play something made for two guitars....
Quote by nacho_man_182
its not that hard of a question
is there anyway that i can find a song with one guitar and make it possible for two guitars to play without them playing the same bit

Someone plays the real bit, the other one makes up his own parts??

In fact Blink have a fair few songs with 2 guitars, particularly the later stuff - a rhythm going while the riffs are played over the top.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
not 100% on how you'd write your own stuff
but blink 182 - stockholm syndrome
thats got overdubbing so one could play the overdub and the other could simply play the powerchords

EDIT:I guess you could write some stuff that one guitarist can do by themselves if they're good enough with timing like in stockholm syndrome it is possible to play it by yourself but its hard to switch between the powerchords and the lead bits
so do it like that
write some rhythm then put some lead over the top then amps on same setting so same intonation
same tuning
then one plays overdubbed lead bits on top of the other playing rhythm
i think thats right
Last edited by Lucifer1805 at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by nacho_man_182

all the small things does have 2 guitar parts

listen to the chorus.. one plays powerchords and the other plays as couple of notes repeated on top

the bridge has 2 guitars too
What's wrong with playing the same thing?
You get a more powerful sound with two and if one for some reason drops out the other can keep going.
Quote by Ian hawkins
What's wrong with playing the same thing?
You get a more powerful sound with two and if one for some reason drops out the other can keep going.

+1. Nirvana did that when they added Pat Smear to their lineup. and it worked.

But honestly, if you're not going to do that, the only other thing for it is for somebody to make up something different that fits the song, and play that, which is basically what staticoverdub said before you threw it back in his face.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.