Its gonna be great upgrading from a V-Amp2 but i wouldn't mind recording some samples of it to make a comparison for ppl who wanna hear the V-Amp2 vs Pod X3 just to hear the budget difference, so i was wondering.....

.....I've heard how u record the Pod X3 via usb, so does that mean i can plug the V-Amp2 thru the Pod x3 guitar input and bypass EVERYTHING and use the X3 as just a sound card for this brief recording experience?

I have a really really ****ty old iMac that is a hand me down so i'll prob invest in a 2nd hand laptop that would suite me but i was wondering, as the X3 is pretty much itself a sound card when recording via usb, do the audio specs of the laptop then not really matter?

The 2nd hand laptop could have USB 1.0 i have no idea until i see what is available but as the X3 is 2.0 will it still work on USB 1.0? I'm a little bit illiterate when it comes to usb speed.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with in regards to my questions
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
Quote by AussieTerry84
I've heard how u record the Pod X3 via usb, so does that mean i can plug the V-Amp2 thru the Pod x3 guitar input and bypass EVERYTHING and use the X3 as just a sound card for this brief recording experience?

i imagine you could. but, the downfall would be the noise from having a preamp into a preamp. as well as not being able to use the v-amp in stereo

Quote by AussieTerry84
I have a really really ****ty old iMac that is a hand me down so i'll prob invest in a 2nd hand laptop that would suite me but i was wondering, as the X3 is pretty much itself a sound card when recording via usb, do the audio specs of the laptop then not really matter?

i suppose techincally it wouldn't matter but other factors may come into play.. such as clock speeds, ram, harddrive speed and what not..

but if you have no problems recording with the v-amp, then the line6 should be fine as well.

Quote by AussieTerry84
The 2nd hand laptop could have USB 1.0 i have no idea until i see what is available but as the X3 is 2.0 will it still work on USB 1.0? I'm a little bit illiterate when it comes to usb speed.

tough call.. you may need to upgrade your usb ports to use the pod effectively. check with some line6 faqs on that one.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
thanks for ur answers yeah i just did a quick search of the Line6 FAQ and it appears the X3 ONLY works on USB 2.0, so hopefully wat eva laptop/desktop pc i get is 2.0
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
Most PCs Laptops use USB 2.0 Buses anywyas.

Here's a really good demo video of the X3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7Z****
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
sorry dude ur link doesn't work
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
u see tho 666 my problem is im not earning that much cash, so i'll prob end up going for a 2nd hand laptop which around these parts i'll prob get a $500 40gig old COMPAQ laptop it might not sound crash hot but it'll do the job.

n btw im in australia thats why it might seem so expensive (jeez the POD X3 bean is gonna cost me $750! and thats discounted down from $999 )

but yeah i guess i may have to go with plan b and get a desktop pc if i can't find a good enough laptop.

thanks for all ur help so far guys
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
Quote by AussieTerry84
lol is there a swear word in the code by any chance? cause its still not working and there are 4 asteriks in the link

hahaha
USB 2 devices will work woth a USB 1 hub but the data transfer will be slower.

You can quite easily plug the V-amp through the POD. Just make a patch with all the amps and effects bypassed/off. very easy to do.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso