Anyone here use one? How do they play (for mainly metal, obviously)? And if possible, list a better head I can get used for roughly AUD$400.
At them moment I'm using a Washburn N2 to a Digitech RP80 through an 80's Aidean Mesia 100.
The guitar is fine (if not for the diecast trem, but I can fix that easily) and the SS preamp to SS Combo doesn't sound awesome (regardless of the fact that the cleans on the amp sound f*cking beautiful, which doesn't suit me too much).
So yeah, I need something better for metal. I play Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Death, etc.
Fire away.
Quote by 3lusiv3
Anyone here use one? How do they play (for mainly metal, obviously)? And if possible, list a better head I can get used for roughly AUD$400.
At them moment I'm using a Washburn N2 to a Digitech RP80 through an 80's Aidean Mesia 100.
The guitar is fine (if not for the diecast trem, but I can fix that easily) and the SS preamp to SS Combo doesn't sound awesome (regardless of the fact that the cleans on the amp sound f*cking beautiful, which doesn't suit me too much).
So yeah, I need something better for metal. I play Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Death, etc.
Fire away.

i like your style dude.

for them genres i use a valveking, people say what they want, but most of are ****en yanks and we all know how intelligent their president is.....

so yeh, maybe check out a used valveking, i saw a dude on her earlier tonight who picked one up for 400 bucks..
Alot of people swear by the G3 accually, it has a great distorted channel. If you get the chance to check one out then I highly recommend you do so.
The G3s seem to have really good distortion channels for solid state amps at that price point. They are one of the only solid state amps i'd use. I don't know how they handle being cranked, as a lot of solid states don't like this, but i guess thats why its 150 watts - so you don't have to crank it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.