i have a few questions.
1. is it better to buy individual pedals or a multi effects pedal?
2. is it better to spend more money to buy a tube amp with low watts or a non tube amp with more watts?
3. what is a preamp?
4. i'm looking to put new humbuckers and tuners on my shecter s1+ but was wanting to know what are good tuners to put on and some suggestions on good hums. i'm hoping and don't even know if its possible, do they have neck pickups that can make your guitar sound like an acoustic?
anser to question

1) you will be able to pick a sound for each effect that you prefer with seperate effetcs. bu a multi effects is cheaper
1, Depends what your wanting? Simplicity or Complexity? I use Multi-Rack Units for my effects.

2, Tube with lower watt's will sound much better at full volume compared to a Solid State/Transistor Amp (Non-Tube) at full Volume.

3, A Pre-Amp is what is used to shape your sound to the way you want it, look into Rack Effects & Power-Amp's for a basic rule on it.

4, Grover, Gotoh & Shaller are great makes of tuners.
Humbuckers on the other hand are all dependant on the amp you have, your musical preference, ect.
You can't get a neck Humbucker to sound like an acoustic guitar though, although you could replace the bridge with a new set of saddles called Piezo to do this.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
1, Depends what your wanting? Simplicity or Complexity? I use Multi-Rack Units for my effects.

2, Tube with lower watt's will sound much better at full volume compared to a Solid State/Transistor Amp (Non-Tube) at full Volume.

3, A Pre-Amp is what is used to shape your sound to the way you want it, look into Rack Effects & Power-Amp's for a basic rule on it.

4, Grover, Gotoh & Shaller are great makes of tuners.
Humbuckers on the other hand are all dependant on the amp you have, your musical preference, ect.
You can't get a neck Humbucker to sound like an acoustic guitar though, although you could replace the bridge with a new set of saddles called Piezo to do this.

see my schecter right now has grover tuners but it was dropped and i think one of the tuners might of got messed up a little, i dunno, the G string doesn't keep in tune as well as the others. i usually keep my guitar to dgcfad so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. the amp i have right now is a marshall 30dfx and i think its dying. see the volumes jumps up and down sometimes and i don't know if the amps going dead or i need new cables but i was just thinking of replacing and i want a tube amp but there expensive as hell like 500 for a 15w and i'm a little reluctant about spending that much when i can get a solid state marshall 1/2 stack for 100 bucks more.
Size & Power isn't what you always want.
Try out amp's around your local city, a Marshall MG Half-Stack isn't at all good.

The price you'd pay for it is much better saved and buying something Along the lines of a 15-30 Tube amp for use, it's still very loud & it'll sound much better than the Marshall for $600.

End of the story is, save save save, try out, save, try try try, buy, enjoy.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Size & Power isn't what you always want.
Try out amp's around your local city, a Marshall MG Half-Stack isn't at all good.

The price you'd pay for it is much better saved and buying something Along the lines of a 15-30 Tube amp for use, it's still very loud & it'll sound much better than the Marshall for $600.

End of the story is, save save save, try out, save, try try try, buy, enjoy.

i've been reading up about smaller tube amps and they have these blackheart little giant 5w tube amps that sound amazing, but they said that they put cheap tubes in them, can't you replace the tubes in a tube amp?
Quote by sushimasta
i've been reading up about smaller tube amps and they have these blackheart little giant 5w tube amps that sound amazing, but they said that they put cheap tubes in them, can't you replace the tubes in a tube amp?

You can replace them, get the shop to do it for you with a new set, they may charge you, but ask if you can have them replaced free of charge just in case you can get it.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda