So give me some *excellent* albums to download before I leave. I like Metal (and pretty much any subgenre within that), Rock, Acoustic, Pop, whatever really, you get extra imaginary points for creativity and live safe in the knowledge I already own Cannibal Corpse albums
I just got ahold of two albums with Russell Allen/Jorn Lande called The Battle and The Revenge.

Awesome stuff if you like hard rock/metal with great melodies.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Jeff Beck- Wired.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Get any Decapitated album. I've only just discovered them.

VAST is interesting stuff. Sigur Ros is exceptionally beautiful. Zero 7 are great to chill out to, as are St. Germain.

Aphex Twin has some of the craziest music I've ever heard. Pendulum are more accessable, but still good.

Neil Young, Del Amitri and Chris Rea are all artisits you should check out sometime too.
"Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces" by Seether is awesome. More rock than metal, but still awesome.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Four Year Strong are pretty cool.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
St. Anger anyone?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
That Decapitated is fucking awesome, downloading their 2006 album now. Four Year Strong is gonna be a guility pleasure of mine, I can sense that now haha

Already a big fan of At the Gates, but haven't actually got any albums, so i'll get that too

Thanks for the other suggestions too.. gonna check out that Russell Allen/Jorn Lande stuff in a sec

EDIT: hahaha it's cheesy as fuck montage music but I quite like it
Last edited by alexmonty12 at Jul 15, 2008,
Psyence Fiction by UNKLE is a nice, relaxing trip hop (or whatever you'll call it) record.

Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age is also a classic hard rock album.

If you like death metal then you should try out some Hatesphere (danish, thrashy death metal), I'm suggesting Bloodred Hatred or The Sickness Within
Try some folk metal, such as Eluveitie - Slania, Finntroll - Nattfodd, Korpiklaani - Tervaskanto

Also Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr for pure awesomeness
Quote by Joeval
"Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces" by Seether is awesome. More rock than metal, but still awesome.

+1 to that. First half is great, second is meh...

Also - Have fun.
where in spain are you going?

I recommend any album by Mastodon and Gojira.
Quote by Sean-Man
what the hell is fap?
Quote by saphrax
Get any Decapitated album. I've only just discovered them.

VAST is interesting stuff. Sigur Ros is exceptionally beautiful. Zero 7 are great to chill out to, as are St. Germain.

Aphex Twin has some of the craziest music I've ever heard. Pendulum are more accessable, but still good.

Neil Young, Del Amitri and Chris Rea are all artisits you should check out sometime too.

+1 For Neil Young. I say either Harvest or The Gold Rush for albums.
Heaven shall burn- Ultimate death metal screamy type band u might like if ur heavily into metal.
Quote by oyvindree
where in spain are you going?

I recommend any album by Mastodon and Gojira.
I'm landing in Alicante and then driving about an hour south where my friend's parents own an apartment. 6 of us are staying there

Also a *huge* fan of both those bands already hopefully seeing Gojira support In Flames in October if i have enough money when i get back from Spain

Have a friend who loves Neil Young and I love Dallas Green's cover of one of his songs, so I'm gonna have to get that

Thanks again, wasn't expecting so many replies haha
Quote by alexmonty12
I'm landing in Alicante and then driving about an hour south where my friend's parents own an apartment. 6 of us are staying there

Haha I live in Alicante, well a bit north of it, in Benidorm, its great weather here man!
Quote by LaT3raluS
Haha I live in Alicante, well a bit north of it, in Benidorm, its great weather here man!
Wicked My nan used to live in Havea which was beautiful so I cannot wait

I better pack, having said that haha

edit: EXCELLENT Minus The Bear album, was only listening to it this morning. What's their next best? I have Highly Refined Pirates and Planet of Ice
Quote by alexmonty12

Also a *huge* fan of both those bands already hopefully seeing Gojira support In Flames in October if i have enough money when i get back from Spain

Have a friend who loves Neil Young and I love Dallas Green's cover of one of his songs, so I'm gonna have to get that

Oh! Torrevieja?!

I was there in May. We landed in Alicante, then drove to Torrevieja. Good place.

Have fun!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by saphrax

recommending dnb now are we? well i'll provide stepping stones between pendulum and aphex

calyx, ed rush and optical, logistics, dylan, venetian snares.

dnb
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by alexmonty12
Wicked My nan used to live in Havea which was beautiful so I cannot wait

I better pack, having said that haha

edit: EXCELLENT Minus The Bear album, was only listening to it this morning. What's their next best? I have Highly Refined Pirates and Planet of Ice

Menos el oso has kinda the same sound as planet of ice.
Highly refined pirates is closer to their ep "This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic".
I r Pirate!
Quote by asator
recommending dnb now are we? well i'll provide stepping stones between pendulum and aphex

calyx, ed rush and optical, logistics, dylan, venetian snares.

dnb

Yeah, there is a big jump between Aphex and Pendulum ain't there!

I love my DnB, but I know very few artists. I tend to listen to DnB on internet radio, and I'm too lazy to note down everyhting they play.

Also, Venetian Snares - mental music. I cannot pronounce the names of the tracks I know, but they were well exciting!
Quote by alexmonty12

Awesome! I came home from Alicante yesterday
Quote by Sean-Man
what the hell is fap?
Oh! Torrevieja?!

I was there in May. We landed in Alicante, then drove to Torrevieja. Good place.

Have fun!
Awesome! Thanks very much

Quote by MrTin
+1 to mastodon and gojira
Also, check out Down. Ex-pantera and Crowbar members that play really sweet southern/stoner metal
I've got Stone The Crow by them, which I like.. not gonna replace Pantera but I like how they're not trying.

Might have to check out Venetian Snares. I've heard good things, and I'm a fan of stupid crazy DnB - Lightning Bolt and stuff