basically i just got my 360 few days ago signed up to xbox live for the first time yesterday everything was hunky dory but somehow overnight i have lost my halo 3 save and my router does not recognise that my 360 is connected?

any ideas as to what happened
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Sign in using your XBOX Live account and you should get your Halo saves back (note, you do not need to be connected to the net to sign in to that account).

As for your network connectivity issues - how are you connecting to your router?
i cant sign in to my live account because of the connection im just signed in offline, the connection to the router is just an ethernet between the two which worked fine yesterday til now
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Check your cables for damage / loose connections. Try turning off your 360 and the router, then turning on the router, then the 360. This'll reset many things and is often the easiest way to fix this kind of problem.
try putting the ip and the one under it to automatic, i had the same prob a couple times. and that worked for me. or try with out the router, that may help
how do i try without the router?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Funnily enough I'm having similar problems, I know the cause of mine is NAT (network address translation), though that doesn't sound like something that would cause your problems. Try and plug straight into your modem, and go to network settings on the xbox and set everything to automatic, hopefully your xbox should do the rest.

EDIT: In fact I may as well ask for help in here (nothing major, I don't want to hijack your thread) but if anybody knows how to turn NAT down or off on a DI-524UP router I'd appreciate it if they could tell me how, thanks.
well it works being directly plugged in to the modem so i assume its the ethernet connection from the 360 to router because the router works fine strange though seeing as the cable is brand new, and my halo 3 saves have not come back either dont know what happened to them says they are still saved according to the hd
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Quote by Syn_66
well it works being directly plugged in to the modem so i assume its the ethernet connection from the 360 to router because the router works fine strange though seeing as the cable is brand new, and my halo 3 saves have not come back either dont know what happened to them says they are still saved according to the hd

Ah well, at least you're back online, that's the thing with computers, router settings can affect different things differently, for example your xbox didn't work even though the router was working. It must have been the settings.
If your wireless router is a linksys, do yourself a HUGE favor and ****ing throw it out the window. Trust me...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
cheers for the replys guys appreciated, just tried the router again and works fine no idea what happened, and with the saves i assume its where i made a gamertag different to my profile name who knows?? works now just some good ol replay value with halo

Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Quote by blynd_snyper

EDIT: In fact I may as well ask for help in here (nothing major, I don't want to hijack your thread) but if anybody knows how to turn NAT down or off on a DI-524UP router I'd appreciate it if they could tell me how, thanks.

I'd imagine you do it within the http config pages of your router. Normally, this will be at http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (it'll be the same as the numbers by "default gateway" if you type in ipconfig in a cmd line.).
Quote by saphrax
I'd imagine you do it within the http config pages of your router. Normally, this will be at http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (it'll be the same as the numbers by "default gateway" if you type in ipconfig in a cmd line.).

I've tried that and it doesn't have anything on it (well, nothing that helps), it's a real bitch 'cos I can get online but my xbox doesn't recognize the existence of any other players, I'll just have to keep trying google.
Are you using a static or dynamic IP?

FIGHT IGNORANCE

Add me on Halo if you want. GT: Morphogenesis x
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Google "setting up a static IP"

Its definately a great thing to try if you havent already. Pretty easy and not very time consuming. Also, make sure to power cycle (power off then on) your routers between making changes.

FIGHT IGNORANCE

Quote by ShredtoBed
Google "setting up a static IP"

Its definately a great thing to try if you havent already. Pretty easy and not very time consuming. Also, make sure to power cycle (power off then on) your routers between making changes.

Thanks, I'll try that when I have time.
i know this is pretty random and it wont help but last week i was reading the newspaper about and they had this article about this kids xbox 360 ''dying''..seriously, the paper was making a big deal over it and when the kid said he was gutted when he saw the 'burning ring of death'... ha ha...i laughed for an hour after reading 'burning ring of death'

sorry about that pit, i just thought i'd share this with you since you are on the subject of xbox's.
Off topic, but still on 360.

I brought a second hand 360 the other day and although it's got a 20GB hard drive, with everything deleted it only has 13GB available, are there files I'm blatently missing or are Microsoft just being very misleading?
Quote by Alix_D
Off topic, but still on 360.

I brought a second hand 360 the other day and although it's got a 20GB hard drive, with everything deleted it only has 13GB available, are there files I'm blatently missing or are Microsoft just being very misleading?

It has 20GB storage - a bit for formatting - a bit more for system files = 13gb. Harsh, but true.
I've had conversations with people who are like "N00b, u yoose da 360 it gots da Red ring of deth!!" For anyone who doesn't know, the rrod hardly ever happens, and it's stupid to justify buying a game system that costs twice as much because of it. I've had my 360 in a hot room for 2 years and I've never gotten it.
But am I here? I find it hard to tell
I do a good impression of myself
But what's normal now, anyhow

Quote by LordBishek
I'm going to hunt her down and throw copies of the God Delusion at her until she breaks.
How much fecking system files do they need? I know like MP3s advertised at 20GB are usually 19.3GB or something, but to be closer to 10GB than 20GB is ludicrous.