Which is the Best suited for Hardcore/Thrash/Metalcore etc etc..

Bugera 6260

OR

Bugera 333?

dont really care for the xl or the 6262 with its few more features. Would rather save the 100 bucks.

Cheers,
Andrew
ahhh i see. Distortion wise, These will provide enough for the genres i provided?
Both of those amps will do your genres easily, with gain to spare. Comes down to whether you'd like the extra channel on the 333 for leads
333 FTW. more channels = more tone options so if you ever change tastes or play in a different band you can change your tone to fit the style.
Quote by samlocke14
6262 has an extra tube i think so you get more tone for the extra $$$

What? That's some of the most flawed logic I've ever heard... by that reasoning, a Valveking 212 has 2.5 times the tone of an AC30.
Depends on the tone you want. The 6262 is based on the 5150II and the 333 on the XXX/JSX....

The 333 is more voiced like a recto-type gain, and the 6262 obviously, voiced with 5150II-like gain. The 6262 has a tighter bottom end, and a lot more metal sound to it. I have seen metal done with the 333, but I prefer the tight bottom end of the 6262.... plus, any problems with Bugera, has been with the 333....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jul 15, 2008,
Actually, the 333 is voiced like a Peavey XXX.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Quote by neon10th
Actually, the 333 is voiced like a Peavey XXX.

fixed before you even posted.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
plus, any problems with Bugera, has been with the 333....

Tell that to my two (yes, 2) 6262's that I sent back after they stopped working.

Just make sure you get a warranty to go with the amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well, I have heard of/ had zero problems with my 6260. It is super easy to dial in a killer tone. I am in the studio all week, and we had to do no adjustments to my amp, and it is recording beautifully!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by samlocke14

the extra preamp tube in the 6262 is for the clean channel. since it has seperate eqs, presence and reverb for both channels compared to the 6260 that share the same eq, presence, and reverb.

id go with the 6260 or the 6262. i have the 6262 and it shreds man.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
I'll go down to the store in a week or two and try the 6260 and 6262 out to see which i will i get. May consider the 333.

Thanks
i just read in 2 brand new guitar magazines that said the 333xl has a better distorted sound than the 6262, but it is there most expensive head (although in the grand scheme of things, cheap as ****!)
Quote by samlocke14
brand new dual recto in Aus is 5000 so 900 is cheap lol

Stop poking fun at it

Yeah it is cheap, but the 6260 is 230 bucks cheaper.
I played both for a long time before i purchased. The 333xl won hands down. Everyone that goes in that store wanting a 6262 walks out with a 333xl. And it actually has more gain believe that or not. And sounds way way tighter. My 333xl was 600 bucks. Is based off the JSX. Even has the exact features as the JSX. The back of the amp even designed just like the JSX down to the fx loop. I'm not sure if the 333 is based off the xxx. I played it and it had a bit of different tone and the XL buttons made a different on the XL. Plus it has all the added features which are the features the JSX have. I even saw a bugera demonstration at Namm where the guy says the 333xl is a lot like the JSX. Which he probably got fired for. It's one of those things everyone knows but companies dont like to put it out there.
Quote by scooby snacks
i think the 6262 has better gain dude

the 6262 has very loud and screaching 5150 type gain. Very noisy not very managable when using it saturated in gain. The 333XL is really tight, more managable, not nowhere near as noisy although sounds more saturated. I'd go as far to say if you are playing metal the 333xl is gonna sound way better but if you're in one of these hardcore bands you might like the 6262 better. Also the clean channel on the 333xl with built in reverb blows it away on the 6262.
Quote by samlocke14
i just read in 2 brand new guitar magazines that said the 333xl has a better distorted sound than the 6262, but it is there most expensive head (although in the grand scheme of things, cheap as ****!)

well i guess it come down to this do you want an amp that has 6L6 tubes in it(6260/6262/333) or an amp with EL34s(333xl) i mean you can swap them to 6L6 or EL34s. just that 6L6 have more bottom end and less nosie then the EL34s

the 333XL had to much sizzle and feed back for my taste. my 6262 has no noise what so ever useing a MXR Smart Gate.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

The 6262 has liquid gain, versus the 333 having harsher gain.
The 333 has smoother distortion
The 6260 has more br00tlz distortion
I would whole heartedly recomend the 6260. I Just ordered one and i cant wait. Just make sure you have a good warrinty on it. www.americanmusical.com has a TWO YEAR warrinty, so i think you should be covered. Best to try em out if you can though
American is totally worth it man. I order all my stuff through them.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The 6262 has liquid gain, versus the 333 having harsher gain.

agreed
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
agreed

exactly...

Think 5150 Gain vs Boogie Gain
Quote by Brendan.Clace
exactly...

Think 5150 Gain vs Boogie Gain

Hell Yeah

thats almost spot on man cause i own the 6262, a 5150 II and a older 2channel Dual Rect.

i would say the 333/33XL has a marshall/mesa tone. but yeah man the 6262 all the way
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by samlocke14

Threadstarter, please ignore that sort of logic.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62

Threadstarter, please ignore that sort of logic.

hahaha..nice
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

screw that 5150 hardcore tone. Go for the boogie tone. So you get real metal tones and not hardcore hipster wanna be tone!
Quote by solidsnake15
screw that 5150 hardcore tone. Go for the boogie tone. So you get real metal tones and not hardcore hipster wanna be tone!

You're an idiot. You could turn that around, "go for the real melodic death metal tone and not the wannabe punk rock lameass "metal" tone". It's down to preference, not what kind of bands use them.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by solidsnake15

HAHAHAHA..did you really say that?

what an idiot..haha

if you wanna get all technical man. the amps most bands are playing with ARE 6505/5150 and Mesa boogies. so if anything MESA are "Hipster wanna be tone" as well. its about finding an amp with the tone you like, not about whats "cool or hip" dude.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Dude I own a 5150 and a 6505 i cant believe you guys take me that seriously!!!! haha I guess its hard to hear sarcasm in text though so im not blaming! I dont know i laughed when i wrote that i thought i had a good one.
you know cause all the hardcore kids have their 5150's.... i dont know maybe you didnt catch that one. I thought it was funny though.