So I have the opportunity to purchase this amp for less than half the RRP, the amp's used but apparently it's still in great condition.

Should I go for it? I'm planning to sell my VOX AD30VT and by old Fender amp to get the money for the Valveking, so I ask you.

Is it worth buying it at half the RRP? Is the amp generally good? Would I be able to get Gilbert-esque tones from it, if not, what about Behemoth or 80's metal tone?
with a od you should be able to get those kind of tones for $200 it's definitely worth picking one up. It's a pretty good amp for people that want to get their first tube amp. It's also fairly versatile. id say it's better than what you got so you mine as well get it.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
i use a valveking its no marshall but then what is. go for it, for the price its a solid amp, good tone on clean and drive, efx loop, foot switch, nice sounding tubes (at least thats what mine has) what more do you want.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
id try it straigt in and through the fx loop. never tried a boss mt2 but i think it will mask the tone of the amp. I like boosting it with my od for that over the top dist.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
trade the mt-2 for a digitech bad monkey, trust me it'll be better

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4