Page 1 of 2
Pretty simple question. I havent been playing too long, but im just wondering what was your starter guitar? Was it a extra-crappy walmart guitar or did you start on something nice

I bought a Epiphone special II starter pack..
I had the luck of starting with a nice Ibanez GSA60 (which I still have and use).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Started with an old classical guitar that had been lying round in the loft for years, when my parents were finally convinced that I was serious, I got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
westfield strat copy, i replaced the bridge single coil with a humbucker, removed the bolt on neck and glued it in with all purpose glue (stupid i know) and have generally modded the crap outta it, it was my first guitar so it has sentimental value, im thinking of getting one of those emg things which have the scratchplate and its wired up already for it...
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
My little Samick acoustic. Really really nice guitar, actually. I still have it and play it occasionally.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
my first electric guitar was an Epiphone G-400. still love it Although i started playing electric on my cousin's ovation celebrity KMD superstrat thing... i still have it lying around, he's never asked for it back

As for acoustic i started out on this £40 classical guitar (i think the make is "serenata") which i really have grown to love over the years, its still my main classical guitar, i don't feel the need to get a new one.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 15, 2008,
I have an Epiphone LP Special II. Still playing it...although I am in the market for an Epi LP Standard.
Quote by Arkinazz
I have an Epiphone LP Special II. Still playing it...although I am in the market for an Epi LP Standard.

id get the custom if i was you, its a far superior guitar and only i tiny bit more expensive.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
My very first electric was had a built in speaker and my parents got it for me one Christmas. It broke the same day. We returned it the next day and went to a local music shop and purchased a (horrible in retrospect) Series 10 strat copy.

Young players today don't realize how bad beginner instruments used to be, but we made due. To get a guitar the quality of an SX or Xaviere today, you had to spend $300 or more.
$50CND classical guitar, had it for 10 years but i throw it away when i was moving last year.
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Some crappy Strat copy. No name on the headstock or anything.
It's the one on the right in the pic below. I sanded it down and spray painted it red (LOL)...Then......For some reason, I thought it would be "cool" to pull out the single coil pickups and spray them red too. I added a Dimarzio Super Distortion pickup at the bridge and gutted the wiring, so that there was only 1 volume control (like Eddie!). LOL The thing buzzed like a MFer.

The guitar on the left was my 2nd.......A Lotus something or another.
I thought it was pretty damn sweet at the time, until the crappy bridge snapped in two after a few months.

Don
Attachments:
First Guitars - 84' or 85'.jpg
Last edited by ChipShank at Jul 15, 2008,
A 40 year old classical guitar I found in my garage.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Well, when I was younger, I went to visit my dad in North Carolina, and since I always seen him play when I was little I figured I'd try it. So I got a Squier from a pawn shop for like $50. I didn't really play it, I didn't even try to learn anything. Than I got a BC Rich and learned one song and never picked it up again. Somehow after that I got a Jackson (which I still own) and played for around 7 months and then stopped for a while. Once I picked it up again I never really stopped after that.

So my first guitar was a squier, but I didn't play til my Jackson.. if that makes any sense.
Mine was (and still is) a Vintage brand SG copy. I preferred it to the G400 and it was a lot cheaper.
A beat up acoustic from my church but it was a Fender. I loved that guitar and was pissed to find out that my sister put it outside UNDER THE BACK PORCH after I moved out.

It was ruined. The bag was a really cheap imitation leather thing that had eaten through from the weather and the cotton stuffing was showing. I wanted to dip that bitch in meat gravy and tie her to a fire ant hill.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by Dav23
A beat up acoustic from my church but it was a Fender. I loved that guitar and was pissed to find out that my sister put it outside UNDER THE BACK PORCH after I moved out.

It was ruined. The bag was a really cheap imitation leather thing that had eaten through from the weather and the cotton stuffing was showing. I wanted to dip that bitch in meat gravy and tie her to a fire ant hill.

damn. That pisses ME off. What the hell was she thinking? Was she getting back at you or just clueless about it all?
see sig. A squier starter set.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
my first guitar (which i still play to this day) was a yamaha eterna EF-31 acoustic, then my first electric was a squier, which my cousin gave to me, but broke. So then I got my tokai, which was the best decision ever.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I got a 1/2 size acoustic. I forgot what brand it was, but I think it could have been a First Act.
Saint Louis Blues
Squier Strat with a red wine finish. It's been upgraded a bit since then, new tuners, new pickups, new electrics, and I still play it about as much as I play my MIA Telecaster.
Super-strat, yellow/black crackle, Charvel mutt.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
my first guitar was a random 1/2 size acoustic, followed by a random 3/4 size acoustic. My 1st electric was a squier fat strat.
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by Arkinazz
I have an Epiphone LP Special II.

Ditto
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.
Mexican strat. Cream colored. Good guitar but i'm not a fan of cream.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
my first was an extra awesome jhonson strat with jhonson emgs lol god i hate that guitar it made me not want to play guitar.
Quote by low-fidelity
damn. That pisses ME off. What the hell was she thinking? Was she getting back at you or just clueless about it all?

Oh we hate each other dude. Like "having to go to court" hate each other. It wasn't part of her devious plans or anything, but just an added "**** you" for good measure on her behalf.

The only reason I didn't beat her with it was because I found out just before my dad's funeral. Don't say sorry or anything, hate him too...

baggage...
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
My first guitar was a squire dreanought style acoustic (still my only acoustic). But my first electric was a mexican fender strat in brown sunburst (still my only electric)
Haha, i started off with the Fender Squier Starter Pack amp included.
iMervyn
Proud owner of a Dean
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dean Razorback V 255
Gibson SG Special
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Frontman 15G
Boss Metal Core ML2
CryBaby WahWah
My dad's 1976 fender music master.
sold it to get my l6s though...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
peavy raptor what a sh!tty fender knockoff, it has the worst action ive ever seen, if i could get the tools to lower the action it would be a decent guitar, but until then it sucks. i now have a epiphone goth les paul studio and am planning on getting a dean dime shadow ml for my next guitar.
Page 1 of 2