For a few months ago I bought a 1993 Ibanez s540 - NOW! I modded it with stuff I had laying around. Because I'm just that kind of guy...

Pics of my modified s540

I didn't bother to turn it around, so either you will have to rotate your head 90 degrees, or your computer. Or you can just look at it

This one is straight, so you won't have to rotate your head or your computer. But you can do it anyways, if you like.

And then again a mind****ing picture!

As you can see, I installed the infamous (or not so infamous) wedgie pick holders - they work really nice when playing and throwing/loosing a pic - and it's fashionable.

It also goes well with the orange Tortex .60 mm pick, wich I have fallen in love with recently - clear notes, cool picking sound (especially on the lower strings) andsounds ****ing ace with chords too.
Oh yeah, and Paul Gilbert uses it too, wich adds an infinite amount of win to the overall coolness of it.

Also, the last 4 frets are semi scalloped (scalloped around the e and the B!!1 string) - but I forgot to take a pic of that.

I considered getting some white p-up covers for the humbuckers, but the only place I can find them I'll either have to pay with a check (no way) or with paypal - and I don't have paypal (I'm 15)
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Last edited by PhantomNote at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by Trinitron
Nice.
I want it.
How much was it?

500$ - then there was all the extra stuff.
But basically, just by changing the p-ups it would have been kickass enough. I just thought I'd go over the edge with the schaller I had laying around

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Looking very nice, although it already looked nice when it still had EMG's

How are you liking that double coil in the middle?

By the way, if you want to 'Gilbert' it even more, why don't you move the volume knob to the empty hole (like on the PGMs)?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Looking very nice, although it already looked nice when it still had EMG's

How are you liking that double coil in the middle?

By the way, if you want to 'Gilbert' it even more, why don't you move the volume knob to the empty hole (like on the PGMs)?

Well. I would, but it wouldn't be to "Gilbert" it - I'm a fan of Gilbert, but not a fanboy of Gilbert .
Problem is, it's stuffed so tight in there, it would be a hell to do so - and it
s good enough for me.

The double coil is awesome, gives a real nice bluesy tone and is really nice for cleans. I'm happy I impulsively (is that even a word?) bought it :p

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Last edited by PhantomNote at Jul 15, 2008,
What pickups are those?

And i love the tortex orange also. I started expermenting with picks and i got to the jazz 3, they sounded too round for me and the would rotate between my finger and thumb. Then i tried the oranges and they sound great and feel great. gets a cool stracthy sound on the lower strings.
Quote by JD Red LP
DO you like the Schaller Floyd more than the Edge in there?

Definately. I love the Edge, but the Schaller is the trem of all trems to me.
As I said, I stuck the Edge on my other Ibanez, and it works wonders. But schaller is the way to go :p .

And yeah, I played with Jazz III for a while - they were great, but I found them a tiny bit too small. So I tried the XL ones, and they seem like they're made of a whole lot ****tier quality, so I saw something on youtube randomly one day from Remy Hansen, and he said he used that pick.

And I tought, well why not try it - I'm tired of all those special picks - big stubby, stubby, jazz, 2 mm, 3 mm and so on - so I thought why not go with something more regular - then I tried my old Tortex .88 mm out, and they were a bit to thick to get a nice sound of - so yeah - I tried the orange ones. And I'm hooked.

Really cool scratchy sound on lower strings. Were the first thing I heard when I first used them.

Enough about picks

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by samlocke14
i envy you, how dare you be able to work on guitars so well :P
seriously though, great work man. looks sweet

I did some of the job. My dad helped me out alot - he's been recovering instruments forever, and he's educated in some wood/metal stuff.

But I watch and learn (I also watch and do xd), so it's pretty good. Because I probably need to customise a guitar sometime in the future. I just can't leave them, I don't know why .

But thank you, I think it looks sweet too

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Definately. I love the Edge, but the Schaller is the trem of all trems to me.
As I said, I stuck the Edge on my other Ibanez, and it works wonders. But schaller is the way to go :p .

And yeah, I played with Jazz III for a while - they were great, but I found them a tiny bit too small. So I tried the XL ones, and they seem like they're made of a whole lot ****tier quality, so I saw something on youtube randomly one day from Remy Hansen, and he said he used that pick.

And I tought, well why not try it - I'm tired of all those special picks - big stubby, stubby, jazz, 2 mm, 3 mm and so on - so I thought why not go with something more regular - then I tried my old Tortex .88 mm out, and they were a bit to thick to get a nice sound of - so yeah - I tried the orange ones. And I'm hooked.

Really cool scratchy sound on lower strings. Were the first thing I heard when I first used them.

Enough about picks

The XL ones are pretty crappy indeed (and as an interesting side note, Remy works in a guitar store near me ).
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The XL ones are pretty crappy indeed (and as an interesting side note, Remy works in a guitar store near me ).

Cool. He seems like a cool guy

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Cool. He seems like a cool guy

He is. Plus he's a Paul Gilbert/Racer X/Mr. Big fan