Okay, I am currently deployed and just need a cheap decent amp for over here. I'm not looking for anything crazy just something that will last the year here and then I will upgrade. But I don't want something that is cheap and sounds like sh!t I would still like a decent sound (Yes I know i get what I pay for but I know thereare cheap amps out there that still sound decent)

So I have a couple in mind:

Line 6 Spider III 15 15w 1x8 for $75.99-$99.99
Randall RX Series RX15M 15W 1x6.5 for $74.99
Ibanez TBX15R Tone Blaster Xtreme for $99.99
Peavey Rage 258 with TransTube Technology for $99.99
Crate FlexWave FW15R 15W 1x12 for $99.99
Vox Pathfinder 15R for $119

Those are just a couple that I have looked at, I'm willing to go to about $150 but want some bang for my buck

BTW I like to play rock, metal, and some good ol' country every once in awhile. I play an ESP LTD MH-50, so yeah what do you guys think for me??

Thanks everybody!!!
Quote by mikerev
Roland Microcube

+1

More bang for buck than any of the ones in the list...tbh most of those only offer suck for your buck
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm Roland Cube huh? Would the Roland Cude 15X be better then the Roland MicroCube? Or are they pretty much the same?? What is the difference besides the $25 extra for the Micro?
I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. I am very disappointed with the MicroCube, or all the Cubes for that matter. I Would recommend the Spider. You have more options with the tweaking of effects, and it really does have half decent tone. I don't know what everyone around heres problem is with them. They are good budget amps.
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Quote by kOoL AiD2420
Hmm Roland Cube huh? Would the Roland Cude 15X be better then the Roland MicroCube? Or are they pretty much the same?? What is the difference besides the $25 extra for the Micro?

From what I've read, the Micro has better modelling than the 15X. Also, the Micro can be run on batteries (it comes with an adapter tho). The 15X has a bigger speaker tho (and is a little bit louder - although probably not loud enough for playing with a drumkit).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by gregs1020
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/755221593.html <-- will need an od pedal and can do rock and clean, but not really a metal amp.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/751424276.html <-- or a used Cube 60. There's some bang for the buck if it's still there.

The Roland Microcube (new) or a Cube 30 (used) may be the way to go too. Go used, get more for your money.

Yeah getting a new one from something like that wouldn't work becuase I'm deployed. So like right now I'm getting it from Musciansfriend.com but if there are other sites that ship APO then I would gladly search them too....
Quote by Fama
From what I've read, the Micro has better modelling than the 15X. Also, the Micro can be run on batteries (it comes with an adapter tho). The 15X has a bigger speaker tho (and is a little bit louder - although probably not loud enough for playing with a drumkit).

By better modelling do you mean the effects I can get from it or like the biuld of it, like it is tougher and better put together or what?? Although the batteries part is good I was just seeing that.......hard to get a good 120v line here.....
Quote by Fama

as far as i know the 15w version doesent have any effects, and doesent have an acoustic and tube drive distortion. better of with the microcube for sure. and it isnt quiet, very loud for its size.
**** sorry. Thanks for your service! The MicroCube and Cube 30 have more options, the cube 15 is a good amp, but less versatility having fewer effects. A close friend of mine has a cube 15 and I play it a lot. It's a good amp and plenty loud in his condo - not quite drummer loud though close. The amps you list aren't one's I would consider. Good luck and thanks again.
Quote by gregs1020
**** sorry. Thanks for your service! The MicroCube and Cube 30 have more options, the cube 15 is a good amp, but less versatility having fewer effects. A close friend of mine has a cube 15 and I play it a lot. It's a good amp and plenty loud in his condo - not quite drummer loud though close. The amps you list aren't one's I would consider. Good luck and thanks again.

No problem man. Thanks for all the advice here though. But on the 15 you played would the effects be good with a pedal later on down the road, or would it just be better to just go MicroCube?? Like did it have good distortion and good cleans that's really all I need for now...
I have a microcube, and it sounds decent, but I'm not really happy with it because of the low gain/volume. You can definitely not play it together with a drumkit. Go for another cube, bigger one (they are all pretty cheap)
Last edited by VikingMetalhead at Jul 16, 2008,
Definitely the Microcube.

Be safe and thanks.