This is us playing our 1st "gig" (school talent show) having had 3 days of practice to write 3 songs of our own material.

I know it was a pretty "chunky" and non-fluent performance, but our lead guitarist (who was going to do most of the bits to keep it flowing) bailed on us. Combine that with the fact that only one of us (the bassist, who was a guest member anyway) has ever played to an audience before, and this is what you get... on top of the fact that our percussionist'd only been playing for 48 hours then.

Sorry about the video quality; camera-phones are average at best.

Oh, and I'm the (presently only) guitar player.

We hope to find a permanent bassist and another guitarist over the summer; also our percussionist needs some stuff of his own- he was playing school gear there. After that's done, we hope to
1) Neaten up the songs we've already written in part.
2) Record them.
3) Get a band site up (MySpace, possibly?).
Last edited by MopMaster at Jul 19, 2008,
I LOVED the bass. I didn't see the thrash though, couldn't watch the whole thing. With a another guitarist and more time you should be ok. One complaint I do have is that I could not understand the singer at all. This could be the quality though. So otherwise, keep it up, and post another link once you've got a guitarist and drummer with his own stuff
Clearly shows you are kinda fuzzy on what the genre called Metal is or Thrash is.

...If I was you I would probably call your band a Doom metal band like Sabbath.

Edit:Try to even out bass and the guitars because there is more bass than guitar.
Last edited by Graveworm at Jul 15, 2008,
Clearly shows you are kinda fuzzy on what the genre called Metal is or Thrash is.

...If I was you I would probably call your band a Doom metal band like Sabbath.

The doom was due to the fact that our bassist's doom-influenced, and that doom's easy to write/learn on a tight schedule. We've got plans to get thrash metally later; the beginnings of a song were in the instrumental (last bit we played), and I know it was shorter than it could've been- we were over our time slot by then.
Last edited by MopMaster at Jul 19, 2008,
5/4 in the beginning, nice ;p

I would like to hear some real recording of this stuff.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Well, we've got all summer holiday to record, so odds are it'll happen if we can get the gear to do so. I've got the means to record guitar, bass and vocals, so all's left's getting a "proper" drum set and a way to record that.
thrash/ experimental metal not really the only thrash in there was the metallica esque riffs id personally just say rock/metal and mike was the only guy there with any REAL experience more to the point MopMaster has come a long way since then
99-------------55--------6666-------44-----444
99-------------55-----66-----66-----44-44--44
99-------------55-----66--66666---44--44--44
99-------------55-----66-------66---44--------44
99999999---55------66--------66--44--------44