I have an Ibanez RG350EX, and lately I am frustrated with it. My middle pickup does not work, the bridge pickup is not as hot as it used to be, and most importantly, a nasty humming sound comes out of the pickups. They used to be almost dead quiet. I gave it to a tech to fix so many times, but it never does get fixed. I'm giving it to a different tech, but before I do that, I want to know if anyone knows how to fix these problems.

Edit: The tech I gave it to only changed the pickup switch twice, so the switch may not be the problem.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by neon10th at Jul 15, 2008,
Thank you. Also, could it be possible that the actual pickup is dying. Meaning, the coils in some of the pickups are actually breaking?
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3
Quote by neon10th
Thank you. Also, could it be possible that the actual pickup is dying. Meaning, the coils in some of the pickups are actually breaking?

It's more likely just a soldering problem. That would explain the humming and weak sounds.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
OK thank you for your help. Also, do you guys recommend I take it to a tech or fix it myself? I have the diagram for the switch as well as the wiring diagram for my pickup configuration. But then again, my wires might be bad. Is that possible?
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3
well have u ever soldered anything, if not i think u should start on some little projects to get used to it,

but take it to ur tech first tell him about the earthing problem, and in 5-10 minutes all problem should be fixed if hes a cool bloke he will do it for free but it will be less than 20$ if he a jack ass lol
OK I guess I'll take it to a tech.
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3