View poll results: Which amp?
Randall RG100SC G2?
9 35%
Marshall Valvestate 100R
3 12%
Peavey Valveking 112
14 54%
Voters: 26.
Okay since i've posted some threads about each amp i was looking for, i now realise that these 3 are the amps that im most likely to buy 1 of. As you know, i want a classic metal sound (kinda 80's) but i would also love to play trash metal, modern metal etc. I want a solid metal sound. These amps are used amps that i can get cheaper than usual.

Please help Along with some comments on those amps you support. Thanks
...What!?
Randall. It is very high-gain and is suiotable for modern rock and thrash. It can also get some decent 80's tones if you fiddle the EQ up.
Peavey.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Randall. It is very high-gain and is suiotable for modern rock and thrash. It can also get some decent 80's tones if you fiddle the EQ up.

Yeah i've heard that That's my personal favourite so far.
...What!?
I agree with the above assessment of the VK. Their reliability is also hit or miss. The Marshall is kind of thin and buzzy. The Randall's have really great bang for your buck and do what you need. I vote Randall.
So far it think i'll go for the Randall, i can also get it for 100bucks less than the VK.
...What!?
Do you guys think think the Randall will handle effect pedals and such? Anyone familiar with the Digitech Death Metal pedal? It sounds cheap and i like the sound of it, would go fine with the Randall?
...What!?
If you're going to use a Death Metal, why even bother with a high gain amp? And I have heard of it. I own one. It's current missing just about part I could salvage off the PCB for future projects if that gives you an idea of the general consensus of what they are like. If you want to use one, go ahead, but you might as well use it with a Fender Frontman as it will sound the same no matter what it's in front of.
I'll get the amp becouse i get it used for veerry cheap, the pedal is just very cool as well. I'd rather have the pedal trough a Randall than a MicroCube.
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
I'll get the amp becouse i get it used for veerry cheap, the pedal is just very cool as well. I'd rather have the pedal trough a Randall than a MicroCube.

simply put the randalls distortion will KILL the pedal
the pedal is not worth it at all
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
So you say that the amp can handle the dist itself? If we ignore the distortion pedal, do you think it will handle the other types of pedals. I've heard that SS amps don't usually go well along with pedals..
...What!?
Quote by Ergin

1.) Looks like you figured it out.

2.) Depending on the type of pedal...sometimes a SS will take that pedal better but it depends.

Looks like you got a good deal thar ...so post final pics and such.!