hi, i have been having a bit of fret buzz on my guitar from the low e string i have already tried hard to set it up without it but it wont go away. I have now bought a pack of .011-.050 strings in the hope that the higher tension will give my neck a bit more relief and that the strings wont vibrate as much and so minimize the buzz. I am going to try my normal strings tuned up a half step for a few days first as i read this is a good idea to try and get used to the .011. I was just wondering what kind of set up things i need to consider when changing the strings. thanks
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Switchin strings isn't a permanent solution to fret buzz. The problem is probably either action or your truss rod.

Also, I think maybe you should have the guitar set up for .11s. I'm not sure if it's necessary to have it set up for such a small change, though. I've always used .9s.
yeah i switched to 11s a while ago on a standard strat, just had to tighten the springs a little bit to get the bridge level. youll get used to the tension pretty quickly just keep playing and bend those strings. agree ith werty though, i dont think it will solve the fret buzz problem you have to get that axe set up
I just paid 55 bucks for a guitar set up and i have freat buzz everywhere is this right???

sorry to jack your thread.
Quote by thewhorock
I just paid 55 bucks for a guitar set up and i have freat buzz everywhere is this right???

sorry to jack your thread.

lol thats okay, and to the posts above I have alrady tried to get rid of the buzz by adjusting the truss rod and action there seems no way to get rid of it, the string seems to buzz on the fret in front of the fret I am playing (if im playing 7th it seems to hit the 8th) and no matter how high i adjust the action or loosen the truss rod for relief it still seems to buzz even if I have it stupidly high. I have managed to tweak it enough to be barely noticable through my amp which is good and much better than it was. But i gigured trying a diff string gauge is worth a shot.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube