Hello guys.

I wanted to ask you something about fretboards. I'll be cleaning and restringing my friends guitar and I got everything I need, except Lemon Oil, so I need something to put on the fretboard after I clean it. The shop I buy from recommended me Walnut oil, but I wanted to ask you if there are any other oils that I can use on it?

And also do these oils that they offer me contain something special in them or?... Because I found Walnut oil in a market near my home.

Its a rosewood fretboard btw, forgot to mention that.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Do not use walnut oil...walnut oil is for cooking

However, if you're making a salad dressing...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ok

Any suggestions?
Teh Gear:
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
I use Lemon Oil Guitar Spray.

GHS fast frets, Dunlop, Dr. Stringfellow, etc.

Don't use 100% lemon oil, get the stuff that is for guitars. Spray it on, let it sit, wipe down real good, wipe again.

Don't put water on it. Don't put Pledge type products on it. Just use a NEW toothbrush. Sometimes I use .0000 steel wool but we won't get into that here.

Also use the Search bar for Cleaning Rosewood Fretboards.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Will do, but I was interested in alternatives to Lemon Oil, since I can't find any at the moment.
Teh Gear:
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
I've never heard of using Walnut oil for cleaning a fretboard, the only alternative I've heard of would be linseed oil. But seriously, lemon oil is great stuff, I highly recommend using that (as long as it's not maple) and sparing yourself the brain cramp
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Quote by BoogieManMKD
Will do, but I was interested in alternatives to Lemon Oil, since I can't find any at the moment.

well, again, you don't want to use 100% lemon oil so personally i wouldn't worry about trying to find something around the house or a hardware store and just order it online and wait.

linseed oil I hear works too but in that instance you use very little (I hear) like a a drop per fret space and you don't drop it onto the board you rub it in from a qtip or swab or something.

just order the spray if you don't have a guitar store handy.

also, there was a very interesting story on this over in Electric Guitar last night so see if you can find that.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I use Lemon Oil Guitar Spray.

GHS fast frets, Dunlop, Dr. Stringfellow, etc.

Don't use 100% lemon oil, get the stuff that is for guitars. Spray it on, let it sit, wipe down real good, wipe again.

Don't put water on it. Don't put Pledge type products on it. Just use a NEW toothbrush. Sometimes I use .0000 steel wool but we won't get into that here.

isn't fast fret just for the strings ?

btw, i PM'd ya back
Quote by The red Strat.
isn't fast fret just for the strings ?

btw, i PM'd ya back

Yeah, but it can clean the fretboard to some extent too. Also, you can put it on the back of the neck to make it all slippery, I know someone who does on Gibson necks to reduce the stick, but I didn't like it, i prefer the feel of a neck lightly cleaned with Dunlop guitar polish, fast fret is too wet. But it is nice on the strings....
I use some stuff called Dr. Duck's AxWax. It's amazing stuff and I've used it to clean many fretboards. One bottle of it will last longer than the guitar probably. Its used to clean fretboards, but you can use it for every surface on a guitar (bridge, body, headstock, etc.) including Maple.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]