When I try tapping/playing touchstyle without distortion on the higher strings without distortion I can't get a good volume. Is this normal or is there a problem with my technique?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Of course. The pull-offs I have no problem with. It's the hammering on.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
When I try tapping/playing touchstyle without distortion on the higher strings without distortion I can't get a good volume. Is this normal or is there a problem with my technique?

It'll come with practice. First, let me say that gear can have an effect on this (pickups, pickup-string distance, amp, action, etc). It's been a long time since I worked on that stuff so I don't remember off the top of my head what to do differently....I'll play around and let you know what I come up with. Don't be afraid to hit the string pretty forcefully if you need to. Try hitting the strings HARD, but precisely. Then gradually work on hitting a little bit softer, but with control so that you still get the desired amount of volume, as you really don't need to hit it THAT hard. Also, for touch style stuff, over-exaggerate your right hand pulloffs--they generally don't get as much volume as hammer ons to begin with. Some touchstyle guitarists hammer on every note, as opposed to pulling off because of this. I recommend being able to do both.
Ok thanks. I do actually do both. But for the hammering ons, some times I'm hammering on so hard that it's quite impractical.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I unfortunately only have one guitar and one amp and the time. But when I get my 7-STRING (!!) I will tap that.

See what I did there?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
I unfortunately only have one guitar and one amp and the time. But when I get my 7-STRING (!!) I will tap that.

See what I did there?

What kind of 7-string?
Haven't completely decided yet, but most probably the RG1527.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I've been thinking about getting one of those.
My eventual goal is an Ibanez UV777, but I r poor at the moment
Quote by TheShred201
Sweet. The Legion is waiting.

Giggidy.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you