Page 1 of 2
Ok pit it's time to talk about the future of music. What direction do you think music will take? Will it get so hard, dark and heavy that when you turn on the radio all you hear is this low droning noise or will it go acoustic. Will it be alot of computers making sounds, or will rap take over. Anyways just talk about what you think the next style of popular music will be. Who knows maybe classic rock could make a comback, or the new thing could be jazz all over the radio . Maybe blues will even make a major comback!!! wouldnt it be nice to have those teenangers pass your house and instead of noise and that heavy bass line that rattles your windows you hear some b.b. king?

Also how do you think the music industry will change in the years to come?

There's only one rule..no disco...disco is DEAD and its never ever EVER!!! coming back!
techno. unn tiss unn tiss unn tiss
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Well ok something new. That sounds cool. Any ideas of what you would like to hear thats new? what it would sound like "heavy, soft, loud, fast, slow?"
Quote by Parr
There's only one rule..no disco...disco is DEAD and its never ever EVER!!! coming back!

Hold your horses, those Disco/Indie bands are getting quite a bit of coverage....
The cowbell is the future of music. In an ideal world all bass drums and snares will be replaced by these glorious instruments, often considered to be designed by God himself.

Well, as a metal fan and a member of a metal band, I'd say in the future metal will be really awesome. Alot of the bands my band plays with now have an excellent sound, sounds influenced by bands in their 5th and 6th albums. With the younger generation of metal bands, we can expand on these influences and incorporate more feeling and brutality into our music.

So id say its only up from here
metal is becoming the major music genre more and more people are listening to it. Pretty soon Pop will die just like disco did it's just a phase, but people are to passionate about metal.

BTW People like whatevers on the radio, if you put Morbid Angel on the top 40 then everyone will love them pretty much.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
There will be NO music in the future. Just the humming of the machines just before they slaughter us all. Y2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
itll be random herman li shred because thats whats new and hip...sadly we will still have maroon 5.
Well though im not a metal fan "no offence its just not really my style, i know its very hard to paly though and alot of its really good" I would take metal over pop anyday.. I know your right and pop dies lol
i don't think that the popular music will ever be music of the past, it will never be whats on the radio, or at parties. people naturally want new music, though this music might stylistically be reminiscent of the past.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
I'm looking forward to not needing headphones and just having music directly pumped into my brain.
Quote by deanfreak93
Pretty soon Pop will die just like disco did it's just a phase, but people are to passionate about metal.

Um... Pop music is named so because it is popular. Pop, as a genre, has been around for a long time. There will always be popular music.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I really think its going where panic at the disco is taking it...like the beatles and ****.

Mark my words!!!
My signature has doubled...
Quote by deanfreak93
Pretty soon Pop will die just like disco did it's just a phase, but people are to passionate about metal.

Yeah, a 58 year phase.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by deanfreak93
metal is becoming the major music genre more and more people are listening to it. Pretty soon Pop will die just like disco did it's just a phase, but people are to passionate about metal.

BTW People like whatevers on the radio, if you put Morbid Angel on the top 40 then everyone will love them pretty much.

Pop can't die, it's impossible.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
IDM and psy-trance is the only way forward guys...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
IDM and psy-trance is the only way forward guys...

Yeah definitely genres that have existed for decades, there certainly won't be new genres.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Sod's law: Cheesy sixties pop/boybands *shiver*
What we all want: Muse, goddammit.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman
Sod's law: Cheesy sixties pop/boybands *shiver*
What we all want: Muse, goddammit.

i thought everyone was tired of muse now.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt

*Hyperventilates*
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Quote by Ovenman
*Hyperventilates*

sorry, i was just trying to point out how stupid it is to try and speak for everyone ... like saying we all want muse ....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
On a more serious note...
I think metal is kind of heading towards Meshuggah style poly-rhythms and multiple complex time signatures with Tool style production.

All these European bands like Textures n all...

Quote by tommyt

I know i am!!
Quote by af_the_fragile
This is where music is heading towards!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gNfvU7lTyI
Well, atleast in UK!!

you should go forth and die.....
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
the music industry will go to s**t

i hope some brand new style will make a huge impact like rock 'n' roll did for the 50s and even punk in the 70s.
More raunchy, more powerchords, more high pitched voices.

Because it sells...think more buckcherry's, Fall Out Boys, and Nickelbacks.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass about what's going to be mainstream. I haven't listened to the radio for years. With the internet the way it is, you can basically listen to your own scene without even having to give a damn about what's popular anymore. So really, it doesn't matter anymore.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by tommyt
sorry, i was just trying to point out how stupid it is to try and speak for everyone ... like saying we all want muse ....

Did the "goddamit" not indicate enough sarcasm as to say that's what I want? Do I need to prepare a more direct approach your musical, 2005-joining highness?

Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Quote by \m/-Metallica

........ i need to quit clicking youtube links on here.......
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
I think there might be a good chance of many more lo-fi garage bands becoming big in the near fitire. More stuff like The Black Keys, the White Stripes, and Wolfmother.
Page 1 of 2