i was thinkin of buying this pedal, just a few questions if you guys can help me out,
first off, is there any reason why i shouldnt buy it i.e you think its ****.

It doesnt come whith a power adapter, so which one do i buy

and also, do you know if it comes with a cable to connect to the back of my amp, iam guessing that this is standard.

thank you

here it is btw - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/xhr-hot-rod/3877
It comes with no cable, you have to get another guitar lead going from the Pedal to where you'd normally plug your guitar into. And personally I don't like it. It's way too overpriced and that whole series of pedals is rubbish. If you want good digitech distortion like that then get the Hod Head instead. It's only about £30 at PMT.
it hasnt got to be digitech, i am just after a descent pedal for distortion, but i know little about effects and whats good on the market, niceone
DigiTech is a good company but I don't know anything about the pedal itself. It should either go direct into your amp where your guitar plugs in or use the cab out for patching into a mixing board for PA or recording. It doesn't go into the back of your amp unless you plan on bypassing your pre-amp by plugging into your line in & I doubt it will come with a ptch cord either. As for power adapters..... the manufacturer either recommends one or tells you voltage and current required. You then match that with connector size for the DC receptacle (& Polarity) to choose another MFRs supply.
Moving on.....
iam gonna buy the hot head i think, do you know what volt adapter i need (where online sells them) and i have a laney vc30 amp, do i plug it into the back of my amp where it says effects loop using a cable with two quarter inch adapters?

tahnks very much for your help

oh yeah, i was also looking at the screaming blues pedal and the ibanez tube screamer
Generally stomp boxes go inline between your guitar and amp. They expect to recieve guitar pickup levels as input not line levels.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Generally stomp boxes go inline between your guitar and amp. They expect to recieve guitar pickup levels as input not line levels.

yes and so they can colour your tone going into the pre amp, thats exactly why everyone shouldnt use the effects loop

your sig says it all really
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Never buy off GAK they are over priced and never tell you if they have the item in stock, so shop around.

As for the pedal boss or digitech are usually the ways to go.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by ash_attack
yes and so they can colour your tone going into the pre amp, thats exactly why everyone shouldnt use the effects loop

your sig says it all really

Most people prefer the effects loop for modulation- and delay-based effects.
ive got a hothead, and everyday i wish id gotten a boss DS-1
but the hotheads okay, dont get one ofthe crappy tubescreamer reissues
the screamin blues is probably the most veratile pedal in that series(hothead/badmonkey/death metal/grunge/screamin blues)
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene