how do first act guitars hold up to other brands like Fender, Epiphone, etc.??

ive been to the site, and they look decent, but i've never played one.

edit: and i don't make the crappy walmart guitars either.
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Last edited by george8392 at Jul 15, 2008,
the walmart ones suk but there customs are supposed to be good
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
good starter guitars i guess
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i don't know for sure but aren't first act a "catalog" brand? judging by the name they sound like they are specifically for absolute beginners, so are probably phenomenally crap - but i don't know this for sure as i don't think we have first act in the UK
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
a lot of guitarists are using them lately. just definitely stay away from anything from wal mart or similar stores
their cheap **** beginner guitars.. and they fall apart.. they dont measure up to fender, epiphone, etc..
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jul 15, 2008,
Stay away!!! Squiers are pretty lousy guitars, but they work if your a beginner on a budget.
First Act makes Squier look like professional-series guitars.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
first acts are terrible. but they ARE pretty durable. my friends and i had quite a bit of fun destroying one, it would not die easily.
...first acts are not just crappy walmart guitars people.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by SLD.Potato
Stay away!!! Squiers are pretty lousy guitars, but they work if your a beginner on a budget.
First Act makes Squier look like professional-series guitars.

squiers aren't ALL lousy guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Maroon 5 and Converge play First Act customs, so I assume they're half decent.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Most people end up judging the whole line because of the fact that First Act makes inexpensive store chain guitars, and completely disregard the fact that First Act also makes some very high end, professional quality, customs.

Someone I knew actually argued once that First Act doesn't make customs and even when I showed him one, refused to believe it, saying it was a fake and a joke (meaning someone got a quality guitar and stuck a First Act decal on it).

At the same time, all he would talk about is his sub $1000 Silvertone professional guitar...

I've seen the starter pack and amp it came with.

Some people just keep getting more and more frightening as time moves on....
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I know the ME685 was reviewed in last month's guitar world and wasn't that bad... and it has a boost swith on it... and you can buy that at Toys "R" us
if you can, look for a First act VW one. I heard they are pretty good. first act is alright, but dont go for the wal mart or target ones THey are just horrible. Its like fender in gutiar center compared to the fender in best buy. or gibson les paul from guitar center compared to gibson les paul in target. same name, but very different.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Doesn't the dude from High On Fire play a First Act?

Yep he does, I saw that guitar live, it's nice.
Alright, everyone who just said they're total crap even worse than a squier/lp special, you people really dont know much. Check out the higher end models, not the walmart crap ones, the higher end lp style models are beautiful. I've tried them before and hell they were amazing, but out of my price range, i saw some going for 1000, but it was well worth it, because they were very well built/feel great, and play great. The custom ones also, they're pretty amazing, and their price range is huge.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I just went onto their website and looked at the custom guitar builder...

I built a guitar that would end up costing around 3 and a half thousand bucks.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Quote by gstacey1
the walmart ones suk but there customs are supposed to be good

This.
Saint Louis Blues
here's the deal they suck! THE END
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Well its been quite a while since i have seen one of these threads on here.

But the First Act Wal-Mart guitars suck. They really do. I got one as a present once and I hardly ever played it. But the custom models and the ones that they sell in there gallery are really really good. Alot of people use and endorse them. Honestly if you could get one of those, then go for it. Sure, there are better names, but whats in a name?