Ok I'll make this quick. I need a bass with double open humbuckers, and I want it to be cheap. I've already looked at some but I can't decide. And dont say the thunderbird or Les Paul. Those humbuckers aren't open. Thanks and I hope you can give me a good recommendation.

1. Double open-humbuckers
2. Cheap
3. No Les Paul Or Thunderbird.
4. 400$ and under.
Think OLP makes a stingray copy with double humbuckers, the MM22 if I'm not mistaken. Don't buy one off the internet without trying it first though, their quality control can be a bit sketchy
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
SRX by Ibanez, or the aforementioned Stingray copy, maybe a used G&L Tribute, which would be sick.

may I ask the purpose of double open coil humbuckers?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
SRX by Ibanez, or the aforementioned Stingray copy, maybe a used G&L Tribute, which would be sick.

may I ask the purpose of double open coil humbuckers?

Well it doesn't nessasarily have to be, double hums. I just want a good cheap bass that I can slap to my joy on. My squier cannot give me the exact sound that slapping should sound. Also my amp is about blown so I will also need a new amp.

Edit Edit: Nevemind, I think I'll go with the O.L.P stingray copy. Guitar center has OLP listed but none of the guitar. But on the other hand sam ash does. And also, I know a guy at GuitarCenter who will get me a discount cuz I buy so much from him, but only if we order from his store online, which is actually a great deal, has anyone else noticed this, and do you think it's just a glitch.
Last edited by kydoodlebob at Jul 15, 2008,
I wouldn't get OLP if I were you, I know someone that has one, and it sounds completely wank.

the Squire I tried was actually quite decent at slap, it was a VM, maybe look into one.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
yes, I'm with Jonn0, the VM jazz will be much better for slap or playing in general then the OLP.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

yup humie's right

I mean, larry Graham, the pioneerer of the Slap technique uses J style pick ups, it gives that authentic 70's slap sound and the Squire VM J's are amazing basses (that I have recommeneded to death this evening) being affordable and decent quality!

EDIT: And I'd kill for a Moon Bass, a La Larry Graham...man that beast's got TONE
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Squire VM J's are amazing basses (that I have recommeneded to death this evening)

u sure have skippy, but ive said it b4, if u cant find a classic vibe jazz bass they play real well too
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
You do realize, TS, that you pretty much described SRX Ibanezes right?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by the humanity
yes, I'm with Jonn0,

You're always with me...

IF I COULD, THEN I WOULD
I'LL GO WHEREVER YOU WILL GO
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
yea ok I've got the Squier P-BAss Special and its kinda hard to slap by the jazz pickup without banging ur wrist againist the pickup anyway I'll look into those.

Edit: Also I was thinking about getting a good amp that withstands slapping and just normal playing. ANy good Ideas?
Last edited by kydoodlebob at Jul 16, 2008,
Quote by silentdob
You do realize, TS, that you pretty much described SRX Ibanezes right?
Yeah its the obvious answer
Quote by kydoodlebob
yea ok I've got the Squier P-BAss Special and its kinda hard to slap by the jazz pickup without banging ur wrist againist the pickup anyway I'll look into those.

Edit: Also I was thinking about getting a good amp that withstands slapping and just normal playing. ANy good Ideas?

how loud you want?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by kydoodlebob

You dont have to play by the J p'up. Just use it. And also, slapping won't put the amp under any enormous pressure.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115