Does it cause harm or damage to the internals of your electric guitar if you leave the volume and tone knobs above zero (on) whenever you unplug and plug in your guitar?

I usually leave both knobs turned up to around 7 or 10 when I play, and then I forget to turn them back to zero when I start up again.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
i doubt it. mine are almost never on zero
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Nope, i really dont think it matters.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
It won't do a thing to the guitar. Unplugged, the guitar is still going to do what it normally does(assuming you have a standard type electric with either humbuckers or single coils, not active electronics that uses a battery to power a pre-amp built into the guitar). If you were to use a volt meter on the output wires of the guitar, unplugged, you'd still get a reading when you strummed the strings, with the volume up of course. The patch cord from the guitar to the amp is only bringing the signal from the guitar to the amp, not the other way around. But it would be helpful to turn them down before unplugging, especially the amp volume, so you don't get any harsh sounds when powering up next time. Easier on everyones ears that way, and safer for the amps speaker(s) too.
I just turn the amp down (not all the way to zero) although my guitar never seems to make any noise when it gets plugged in so recently I just haven't bothered..
no it really doesnt matter. you should always turn your amp down before unplugging/pluggingin to avoid squealing and whining.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
no it really doesnt matter. you should always turn your amp down before unplugging/pluggingin to avoid squealing and whining.

Yea I always do that.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
It won't hurt the guitar, but you should always turn down your volume knob, not only for feedback but because in certain circimstances the "pop" when you plug it in and unplug it can damage your speakers.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play