Hi

I've had an Ibanez RGR421EXFM for little over a month now. The problem is that there's a fret buzz on all frets till the 9th, beyond which the string plays fine. All I've done to this guitar is tune it...apart from that its a stock configuration.

Any ideas?

I should add that I am new to guitars, and electrics too.

Thanks in advance.
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Marshall MG10CD 10W Combo Amp
Paxma 100W Amplifier
Homebrew 120W Amplifier
Either your action is too low (most likely) or your truss rod needs adjustment (a lot less likely). If you're feeling brave you can do a search on how to raise the action on your guitar (looking at the pictures you're going to need a small allen wrench if you do it yourself), or if you want to play it safe (I recommend this, since you're a new guy) bring it to your local guitar shop and ask them to set it up for you, it won't cost that much.

If you do decide to do it yourself, ALWAYS adjust in little amounts, don't go cranking the thing. Since you're new to guitars, I'd recommend you ask your local shop to help you out, because if you raise it enough you'll have to check your intonation as well.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Thanks, unfortunately there's no local guitar shop...I live in a rather remote area. I got this guitar from a different city. An allen wrench was supplied with the guitar, but I haven't used it yet. I'll take a look at the videos and post any questions I have here. Thanks again.
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Marshall MG10CD 10W Combo Amp
Paxma 100W Amplifier
Homebrew 120W Amplifier