Hi,

I got a Marshall Valvestate 40V right now from my cousin, but it doesnt work?

The Power-Cable is set, the On-Lamp turns on and lights, but I can't hear anything...

How can I test, if the speaker is working?

cheers
Gear:

-Epiphone SG G400

-Roland Micro Cube
make sure the speakers are plugged into it in the back. Im pretty sure those combos have where you can disconnect the speakers. And then check your guitar cable.
Quote by solidsnake15
make sure the speakers are plugged into it in the back. Im pretty sure those combos have where you can disconnect the speakers. And then check your guitar cable.

well, if he switched it on without the speaker connected, it would've probably fried itself...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
well, if he switched it on without the speaker connected, it would've probably fried itself...

Its a ss amp not a tube so it should be fine....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its and ss amp not a tube so it should be fine....

it can still kill it. That happened to my old CD player.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
k it works now

it has a little switch-button on the back, i switched it and tada!

cheers
Gear:

-Epiphone SG G400

-Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Blompcube

na it wouldn't. This is over exagrated a lot even with tube amps. Been a few times ive turned on my tube amps with no speaker cables.. on accident of course at shows and such and nothing ever happened.