I couldn't find much information on this amp. I tried it out at my pawn shop and I'm pretty interested in it, being only $170! Anyone have this amp or have any information to give me on it?
from what i recall.. all of the glory in this amp lies in the power amp.

solid state preamp and tube power amp. its one of those old bar amps that can take a beating and never give up. i wouldn't mind getting one myself to use the as a pod XT amplifier.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I am pretty new to tube amps,
Is the preamp used until the power amp warms up?
I suppose i could look it up instead of bothering you...
Quote by thegrungyhippie
I am pretty new to tube amps,
Is the preamp used until the power amp warms up?
I suppose i could look it up instead of bothering you...

No, the preamp gives you the tone shaping stuff, and the power amp gives you power.

btw, I have a Heritage VTX series amp, which is very similar to the Deuce. This amp exemplifies being built like a tank. I could drop it from my house's roof and it would likely run just fine. Also, mine, the 212 version, is loud enough to break windows long before it started getting to it's peak volume.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
No, the preamp gives you the tone shaping stuff, and the power amp gives you power.

btw, I have a Heritage VTX series amp, which is very similar to the Deuce. This amp exemplifies being built like a tank. I could drop it from my house's roof and it would likely run just fine. Also, mine, the 212 version, is loud enough to break windows long before it started getting to it's peak volume.

hm.. i'm willing to bet if you dropped the amp from your house, it would create a sinkhole which would end up damaging your house.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
hm.. i'm willing to bet if you dropped the amp from your house, it would create a sinkhole which would end up damaging your house.

thats great haha!

Thanks for your help guys. Would you suggest buying this amp? At $170, its an excellent price. If needed I can post some pictures I took of it. It also has a footswitch, but its a pile.

Tone shaping you say? So as in treble, bass, middle control?
Quote by thegrungyhippie
thats great haha!

Thanks for your help guys. Would you suggest buying this amp? At $170, its an excellent price. If needed I can post some pictures I took of it. It also has a footswitch, but its a pile.

Is it the 212 version? If so, go for it. I got mine for $175 but that's after haggling it down from $230. You've got yourself a great deal, provided it still works. Also, check what kind of speakers it has. Most have the stock Peavey Scorpion speakers, but some people were changing them out for these horrible Pyle Driver speakers, which just suck. If it has those, buy it anyway (mine had those speakers too) abd change 'em out for either Warehouse Veteran 30's, Warehouse British Leads, or Eminence Texas Heats (all $70 a pop).

Tone shaping you say? So as in treble, bass, middle control?

Yes, that is correct.
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I would say get the amp and then get one of these pedals (depending on what kind of tone you want) and run it through the effects loop. Then voila, an amp that is pretty much all tube.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/blackstar.gc

That is a good idea, just hook your guitar up to that and that into the power amp in, then you have an all tube signal path. I've been thinking of doing that for a while, unfortunately money is tight...
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson