hey guys, ive have a birthday coming up soon and wanted to get new pups for my strat. its a mexican strat and i play through a line 6 75w flextone III with a few digitech effect pedals. i play heavy metal, and hardcore but i want to have a nice clean tone as well. i dont know much about pups but would a hotrails in the bridge, JB jr mid, and cool rails in the neck be a good combo? i want to upgrade the strat because i also have a schecter that just blows it away, so i want to even it out a bit, opinions, suggustions, or any comments would be greatly appriciated. sorry for any spelling/ grammer mistakes. thanks
I would do the JBjr in the bridge, a 59jr in the neck, and a plain jane single in the middle.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
uhhhhhh.....AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know, i know, "but i like my amp". then go try out a tube amp.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
that's not a bad amp.
TS, if you want humbucker in bridge - HSS, i say +1 on the TB-11 Custom Custom, furthermore you also might want to try a JB in it because of your styles with Duckbucker in mid and Little 59 in neck. for SSS, i say Everything Axe Set by Duncan.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i got the amp for christmas, and its not bad at all. though im trying to save up for a louder/ better one i also have to save for college, first payments coming up soon. will the pup swap help with the anoying feedback i get when i put the selecter switch on 1,3 and 5?
the guitar is only quiet if i have it on 2 or 4, is this common?
That's because 1 3 and 5 are selecting the pickups individually as single coils while the 2 and 4 are combining the single coils to make them humbuckers, to eliminate the hum.
Yeah, it's normal
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
i got the amp for christmas, and its not bad at all. though im trying to save up for a louder/ better one i also have to save for college, first payments coming up soon. will the pup swap help with the anoying feedback i get when i put the selecter switch on 1,3 and 5?
the guitar is only quiet if i have it on 2 or 4, is this common?

Yes, that's normal. That's not feedback. Feedback is a high pitched squeal. You're experiencing 60hZ hum. You should avoid playing near electronics or flourescent lights.

Something called shielding will help combat hum.
For a long time I had a Hotrail in the bridge in my MIM strat. It's a good pickup, but too warm for me. I also have a SD JB Trembucker which I like much better.