Ok, right now i live in a relatively small town. The only kids i go to school with either play instruments but have different music taste (screamo, emo, heavy metal), or they have very similar music taste but dont play intruments (very well at all anyway, meant no offense just the truth).

I was planning on getting a band together when i go off to college because i am probably going to go to a large university where there are bound to people i could easily get in a band with. But i was talking to a friend who is in college right now and he said it is really tough to get in a band in college because nobody can bring their drum set with them to college why didnt i remember this?!?! Does anyone that is in college have a solution to this problem? Thanx a lot, i hope there's a way it can work out. Later
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
surely you just use the college drum kit?
we have one at mine
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
I really dont know if they have one or not, i didnt even know some colleges had them. Well if they dont are there any other suggestions? Thanx again for the help
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by lorrythebassguy
surely you just use the college drum kit?
we have one at mine

i concur, and some uni's can be packed with musicians, others not, depends on the years and the people.
I think it depends on what uni your goin to. i dont live in the US so i have no idea whats concidered good or not,
i just know i go to a crappy school with a crappy drum kit

There will be people there somewhere, just keep looking and dont give up hope!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
someone will have a house, and you can setup there. ive been in college for... well the better half of a decade and ive always found drummers to play with. i suggest renting a house if you can. its much easier to play in a house than an apt. and if you have the house, you'll be able to find someone who's got a drum set and would LOVE to keep it there if they can play. trust me
Quote by guitaruboy
electronic kit?

very good idea, expecially for practice. my old drummer had one, but never used it(grrr) but then you can play at reasonable levels in an apt and not piss everyone off.
Ok thats cool. I hope i can meet someone that lives there or is renting a house and investing in an electric drum kit is another good idea. Well thanx for all the help again, helps out a lot. Well I'll catcha guys later
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah