Hey my uncle, a professional musician, was telling me some things about how to play some hendrix, and he told me that usually they are tuned in E flat. so i got that, then he said instead of doing barre chords they would do "wrap arounds". idk what that is. he wraps his thumb around to hit the bass/route note, then what is the shape that your other fingers do? please help thnx
Its the same notes as a barre chord. Also, hendrix usually didn't fret the note on the A string when playing wrap-around chords, he muted them instead.
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
my other fingers were in the form of an 'F' chord. Just slide up the fretboard with that (with the bass note being fretted w/ your thumb) when I do barre chords like that. I usually mute the A string. Whether I play the high e string varies. I don't know if that makes sense, hope it helps.
Despite the best of maps and bravest men
For all their mighty names and massive forms
There'll never be and there has never been
A ship or fleet secure against the storms

Romans 5:8
e|-3 The 6th String you would get with your thumb and the rest with your
B|-3 other fingers and then that would be a G Chord
G|-4
D|-5
A|--
E|-3
^When doing this shape, your pinky will be free to do small hammer-ons and pull-offs. This gives you those Hendrix type chord based melodies. There are several others you can do, but I'll leave it up to you to figure them out.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR