Page 1 of 2
i want an amp that can go from clean to distortion with good pedals!!!!

I have a microcube and it rocks but i cant make any changes from clean to distortion.
My guitar is a agile al-2000

when i mean cheep i mean like nothing over $100 lol i make no money these days

pedals im getting: jh-1 jackhammer
Boss mt-2
prolly some wah pedal later on

Options i was lookin into:
fender frontman 15g
epiphone valve jr (**** its a lil expensive)
crate 15watt

please help!!!!! and no i dont gig yet but i do make youtube videos of myself and my songs require a change from clean to dist
Good amp for $100? Prolly not gonna happen.

MT-2? Absolutely not, it's a terrible pedal.

If you just need something for going from clean to dirty, theres no point getting a new amp. See if that amp has a footswitch or just buy a distortion pedal. Check out the EHX Metal Muff.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Good amp for $100? Prolly not gonna happen.

MT-2? Absolutely not, it's a terrible pedal.

If you just need something for going from clean to dirty, theres no point getting a new amp. See if that amp has a footswitch or just buy a distortion pedal. Check out the EHX Metal Muff.

This
Quote by aaciseric
The Cube series usually allows you to add a foot switch, I know my 60 does.

The Micro Cube doesn't.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
the microcube wont let u footswitch lol and any pedals that go into the cube suck asss

What? Are you saying any pedal will suck going into the Microcube?
yes lol because the cube alredy has built in effects and it doesnt like having anymore effects go into it soo the sound jsut sucks
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
yes lol because the cube alredy has built in effects and it doesnt like having anymore effects go into it soo the sound jsut sucks

1. Stop saying lol.

2. Apart from the fact that what you just said is completely wrong, you said you wanted to buy pedals! I can only take that to mean "I only want pedals if I can get a new amp". Well, for $100, its not going to happen. And as you can't buy a footswitch, you're gonna either have to change manually or get a distortion pedal. That's what I said earlier, but I suppose you chose not to listen.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

...what? does that even make sense?

lol, want my advice, stick with the cube it's a good amp, especially if your broke (same boat dude :p and get a distotion pedal.
Fun Animal Facts #23: The pit can skeletonise a cow in under three minutes
1. i can say lol if i ****ing want to u faggot
2. i never said i wanted to buy pedals i wanted to buy a new amp that is good 4 pedals
then later on ill buy pedals.
3.No ****ing effects pedals will work with this amp i tried alredy at GC
4.there are amps that will work your just being a retard, im not going for some pro godly tone that like tube amps get ok i can deal with a cheep amp
5. can anyone else help me choose?
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
1. i can say lol if i ****ing want to u faggot
2. i never said i wanted to buy pedals i wanted to buy a new amp that is good 4 pedals
then later on ill buy pedals.
3.No ****ing effects pedals will work with this amp i tried alredy at GC
4.there are amps that will work your just being a retard, im not going for some pro godly tone that like tube amps get ok i can deal with a cheep amp
5. can anyone else help me choose?

Fine, you can fuck off then. I'm giving you advice when you're talking total shit and you just insult me?
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
your no help at all what part of pedals dont work on the cube do u not understand ?!

Would you be surprised if I didn't understand it with that appalling grammar?

They do work, you tool. YOU ARE WRONG. How do I know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63zkLlQlBo

That guy is using a Boss DD-6 with a Microcube. You are an idiot who deserves no help if you're just going to flame people who try to help you.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
your no help at all what part of pedals dont work on the cube do u not understand ?!

calm the hell down dude. jesus christ. your not going to get any answers if you keep acting like an asshole.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
that vox

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607
that pedal

its what i used to use before i got a half stack.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
rofl how come like 40 pedlals i tried out suck on the roland microcube?

Because you don't know how to EQ? Maybe you were doing it wrong and you refused to let the GC employee help you.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

Yes they do, its not hard, leave it on clean and press the fucking pedal. It WILL work. You haven't tried, you're talking crap. And you won't get a decent amp for under $100, at least nothing better than your micro cube. Trust me, I have a Fender Frontman.

rofl how come like 40 pedlals i tried out suck on the roland microcube?

1) I find it hard to believe you tried 40 pedals.
2) They were probably either crap pedals or you dialled in a crap tone.
3) What the **** is a pedlal?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
rofl he was the one helping me actually and in the youtube video that guy didnt use a distortion pedal, the pedals i rlly need are all distortion
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
rofl he was the one helping me actually and in the youtube video that guy didnt use a distortion pedal, the pedals i rlly need are all distortion

Refer to my first post, you douchebag.

If you had just listened in the first place instead of spewing bullshit everywhere, this thread would be over now.
The microcube has a ton of distortion already...
Using satire to reveal truth since October 2007
I wouldnt get the valve junior, it doesnt have a way to easily control the gain.
Using satire to reveal truth since October 2007
my bro has a micro cube and his distortion and phase shifter sound perfectly fine as it would on any amp in that price range and if you are smart you would relize that paying around 100 will give you an amp that isnt worth it an will suck more with the pedals

you should just listen to Tom_hatton relize you are wrong suck it up and get on with your life
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
welcome2duhjungle **** u, he was the one that had the attitude 1st

You know what? *reported*

You're relatively new here, stop shouting your mouth off like you know everything.
fine if i buy a distortion pedal that i want and it sucks on the roland microcube i am gonna be ****in pissed at this site and tom ill rub it in his face if it doesnt work like all of the others i tried
You obviously suck at dealing with people's advice, maybe you suck at guitar and thats why 40 pedals sounded like crap. Just stop complaining and listen to Tom.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Last edited by scream_it at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
fine if i buy a distortion pedal that i want and it sucks on the roland microcube i am gonna be ****in pissed at this site and tom ill rub it in his face if it doesnt work like all of the others i tried

haha

You have no idea how stupid you sound, do you?

And thank you everybody who said he should listen to me I love you too.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

how can we believe you if it sucks you will have no proof
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
how can we believe you if it sucks you will have no proof

He'll say it will, just to spite me.

Well I'm past caring, I'm sorry I even wasted my time on this idiot.
rofl i will go along with this tom u wont be giving anyone more advice if this fails ill make sure of it.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
maybe u can suck my left nut scream it

Maybe you can stop being an ignorant asshole and listen to someone.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
rofl i will go along with this tom u wont be giving anyone more advice if this fails ill make sure of it.

What you gonna do? I didn't make you take my advice did I?
i am gonna say tom hatton recommended that distortion pedals will work fine on the microcube and show how bad the sound is if it is. thats what i am gonna do

if they suck then ill personally make u look like a retard all over youtube kid
I dare you to go buy a distortion pedal you don't like. The look on our faces will be priceless when we found out we gave you bad advice... oh and you wasted 100 bucks..
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.

Wow, what a moron. Don't ask for advice if you're not gonna take it. Don't try to sound threatening on an internet forum, it just makes us all laugh. And to be honest no one here is gonna care how pissed you are at these forums. If you don't like it, piss off.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Page 1 of 2