Does anyone know a website that will teach me the keys of guitar. everyone tells me im a good player but i have to work on staying in key.
if u dont stay in key you arent exactly a good player, just google it, and the keys of guitar are the keys of any music not just guitar
i think you need lessons. sounds to me you dont know how to compose powerchords together ;P
Quote by LawnDwarf
i think you need lessons. sounds to me you dont know how to compose powerchords together ;P

Keys and composing power chords are pretty much different stuff u know?
鋼の錬金術師
Once you know the Major scale positions (7 of them for a single key), all you have to do is shift all of them together, up or down the keyboard to change keys.

Just like the Major scale has a pattern (WWHWWWH, where W=Whole Step and H=Half Step)), so does the diatonic sequence for the chords that are contained in the key (MmmMMmd, where M=Major Chord, m=minor chord, and d=diminished).

It's explained very well in a series of free tutorials at:
www.reallylearnguitar.com/freetutorials.htm. Pay close attention to the Major Scales Tutorial first. Good Luck! I know you can do it.
Jam On!
First learn diatonic harmony or whatever it is called, major scales and minor scales nad how they are formed.
Eventually, learn how to find the alterations in a key signature, or the alterations in a major/minor scale (I wanna post a lesson about this, but don't know how to post images).

After knowing a bit about music theory, keys, scales, etc, you don't "need" to stay in key, but it certainly will help you learn if you do it...